Complaint Review: Authority Tax Services

• Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: David — Elk Grove California
Authority Tax Services
9841 Airport Blvd Los Angeles, California USA

Authority Tax Services COMPLETE SCAM ARTISTS WHO ARE JUST OUT TO GET YOUR MONEY!! Los Angeles California

This so called "tax relief service" is a complete joke. I contacted the company and was told by a case analyst that I would have my $16k tax debt to the IRS reduced to approx $2k. They charged me $3,500 and lowered my 6 year payment plan to the IRS from $250.00 a month to $228.00 a month.

After doing the math it comes out to a savings of $1,584. However as I said before I paid Authority Tax Relief $3,500. Which left me in the red by $1,912. I asked my second case manager Laurie Flores(affter many attemps to contact her) for an explanation as to why I even hired them. She has no definite answer for me.

From there I called the IRS in a final plea to help me out with lowering my overall payments. When speaking with the IRS rep I informed her that I had hired Authority Tax Services and told them what the outcome was. She then informed me that this matter that needed to be brought to the attention of Better Business Bureau. The IRS rep told me that they can lower my monthly payment to $215 right off the bat. This tells me that Authority Tax Service did nothing to try and help me.

How am I able to make one phone call to the IRS and have my payment reduced to $215 and Tax Authority Services is only able to get my payments down to $228. Why is the world am I even paying these guys? Complete scam artists is what they are!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Authority-Tax-Services/Los-Angeles-California-90045/Authority-Tax-Services-COMPLETE-SCAM-ARTISTS-WHO-ARE-JUST-OUT-TO-GET-YOUR-MONEY-Los-An-1053004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Authority Tax Services