Complaint Review: Auto Assurance

• Updated: Sat, January 25, 2014

• Reported By: Dont like Auto Assurance — Christiansburg Virginia
Auto Assurance
6200 Tennyson Pkwy Suite 200 Plano , Texas USA

Auto Assurance Vehicle Services Department Deceptive Mailer and Lied to on Phone Plano Texas

I was sent a flier which stated I needed to take immediate action related to my car warranty.  I just bought a car with warranty so the flier was timely and seemed related to the purchase.  The flier said I hadn't had the contract updated and gave me a deadline.  I called and found out it was a scam.

First I was told they never heard of someone having a warranty like mine (because it was for 200,000 miles thus they had nothing to sell) and then I was told they get info about warranties from the motor vehicle administration because they are public records and they contact people.  I told them the MVA doesn't have or give out information about car warranties and after the rep arguing they did, she admitted they just contact people in case they didn't and send the same notice to people if they have or haven't and get you to call and then they figure it out.  She admitted this after I challenged her.  I also spoke iwth a man and he told me that almost all Hyundais only come with a 50,000 mile warranty (not accurate) and the powertrain is not covered for that whole period (alos not true).  I asked to be removed form their list last month and I was not.  I was sent  another letter.  This time I called and they had my code in the system, said I already called and wouldn't address why I am still receiving mail and hung up on me.  I would like to be assured I am removed from their list now and forever (even when I buy another car) and to get an apology for being hung up on and not having my request to be removed taken care of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2014 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Assurance/Plano-Texas-75024/Auto-Assurance-Vehicle-Services-Department-Deceptive-Mailer-and-Lied-to-on-Phone-Plano-1118386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Assurance