Complaint Review: auto body fit network llc

• Submitted: Sat, January 26, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: pamson — Waynesville Missouri United States of America
auto body fit network llc
222 Fay Ave. Addison, Illinois United States of America

auto body fit network llc sent me a bumper cover for a 2009 Mustang that had a broken part, bad paint job that I paid extra for Addison, Illinois

Ordered a bumper cover for 2009 Ford Mustang, paid an extra $165.00 for them to paint it. total cost with shipping $370.00.

Product took longer to be delivered than advertised. Everytime I would go to their tracking page all it said was "processing". I had to call them to get an update on tracking.

Product arrived with a broken mount tab on the inside of the cover. The paint job is terrible, bumps and runs. I contacted the company through their claims web site. Explained the problems. They emailed me back wanting pictures of the defects. I complied with all of their requests. Never got an answer back from them.

I finally called their office. I was told first off that they do not buff the cover after painting and that I would have to buff it. After buffing all the imperfections would dissapear. No amount of buffing will take out these sharp bumps. It looks to me that they did not clean the surface before painting. [continued below]....

As for the broken tab, I was told that the tab was not an importent part of the cover. There are two of these tabs about 2" wide and 4" long, one on each end of the cover. I asked them if these tabs were not important why were they there at all, no explanation was given.

They also advertised that this cover fit 2005 through 2009 Mustangs, the product lable on the inside of cover says Mustang cover 05-06. I asked them if this would fit the 09 they had no answer.

I told them that these explanations were unsatisfactory and that I wanted some kind of action on their part to solve these problems. I was told that I would have to send the cover back to them at my cost which comes to $125.00. I said that I would not do this because then I would have $495.00 into a product I could not use. I requested that a manager get in touch with me.

It has been about a month now and no contact from anyone.  I have sent multiple emails to them and no reply has come.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/auto-body-fit-network-llc/Addison-Illinois-60101/auto-body-fit-network-llc-sent-me-a-bumper-cover-for-a-2009-Mustang-that-had-a-broken-par-1003866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on auto body fit network llc