Complaint Review: Auto Computer Exchange

• Submitted: Fri, February 10, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 10, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Kerrville Texas Virgin Islands (US)
Auto Computer Exchange
Davie, Florida United States of America

Auto Computer Exchange Sent (2) defective computers and failed to provide refund Davie, Florida

I purchased a transmission computer.  The computer worked about 80% at first.  It wouldn't shift into overdrive.  As the weeks went by, the problems became worse.  I worked with the company and tried several troubleshooting steps per their direction.  They then sent me another computer.  When I plugged this one, in the problems were worse.

I then took the vehicle to an automotive repair shop where they diagnosed the problem as a malfunctioning transmission computer.  They purchased a rebuilt computer from their supplier, plugged it in, and everything worked fine.  I then sent this repair invoice to autocomputerexchange highlighting the problems that I was having was with their computers.

When I sent both computers back to the company as per their instruction, they stated they would refund my money on two separate occasions.  They never refunded the money, and have since stopped returning my phone calls and e-mails.

I am now past the 45 day window required by Ebay and PayPal in order to use the resolution center.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2012 09:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Computer-Exchange/Davie-Florida-/Auto-Computer-Exchange-Sent-2-defective-computers-and-failed-to-provide-refund-Davie-F-837414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Computer Exchange