Complaint Review: Auto Fix Repair and Sales

• Updated: Sat, August 11, 2012

• Reported By: Doug — Missoula Montana United States of America
Auto Fix Repair and Sales
2831 Clark Street Missoula, Montana United States of America

Auto Fix Repair and Sales Tim Fix(owner) Engine rebuild and got ripped off Missoula, Montana

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Car was severely abused

*Author of original report: Auto Fix customer rebuttal

*Author of original report: Auto Fix rebuttal response from customer

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 2 teen hot rod drivers behind the wheel. Nothing could with stand that abuse.

Had a Mazda "Mazdaspeed" that needed a rebuilt motor, and this business stated they could do it. Gave me a price of aprox. $3500.00. I agreed, and Tim Fix farmed the work out to another business(machine shop) that specializes in engine rebuilding. The guys name is Shannon and I'm not sure of his business name.

The rebuild was done, the motor was installed. I paid Auto Fix in full for the work done, including a new clutch which was extra. Immediately, the engine had a severe oil leak(s). I brought this to the attention of Tim Fix and he started pointing fingers at others being at fault including another contracted mechanic who worked worked their at the time, but had since left on bad terms. Tim Fix simply did not want to warranty the work, and just kept stalling me out for months, and would not return my calls, or even meet with me at his shop, so I had to deal with his so-called shop manager(Buddy) who was of little help also.

Finally after months of haggling, Tim Fix agreed to look at the car, and they did replace several gaskets that appeared to be the problem at no cost.

However, the engine continued to use oil, about a quart a week, and I determined it was caused from "blow-by" whereas the rings had not properly seated, and oil was getting into the upper cylinders area before combustion. I took this car to another reputable shop and they determined it was blow-by as well. I notified Auto Fix that this car is using oil and I expected them to make it right with me and back up their work as I paid them to do. After months I have had no resolution and will have to bring legal action against Auto Fix and possible the machine shop(liens) to get some kind of relief. Bottom line, this business is not reputable, and does not warranty the work done in a fair manner to consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2012 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Fix-Repair-and-Sales/Missoula-Montana-59801/Auto-Fix-Repair-and-Sales-Tim-Fixowner-Engine-rebuild-and-got-ripped-off-Missoula-Monta-885710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Fix Repair and Sales

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Car was severely abused

AUTHOR: Auto Fix Repair and SalesTi - (United States of America)

Two teens driving this hot rod with the boost (at your request) turned up to 25 pounds.

I am a mechanic, not a magician.  Anyone who has seen the way the car is driven wants nothing to do with working on it.

Auto Fix customer rebuttal

AUTHOR: Doug - (United States of America)

I just read your pathetic excuse Tim Fix, and you are a liar to boot. Why would numerous businesses as you have claimed reported to you how the car was driven, really Fix, this just shows what you are made of. S and S did not void his warranty over the way the boys as you claim drove this car.

He voided it because of the turbo boost you performed, as we discussed, but this caused other issues and you filled in the hole drilled. Shannon was there according to you and Judd when you did this. Again you are blaming someone else for your failure to warranty your work. I paid you, not Judd or Shannon to do the work, what part of that do you not get?

As far as my truck, their was nothing wrong with the transmission or torque converter at all, but a software issue and it has been repaired. Again, you do not know what you are talking about. And your lame excuse about me being abusive to you, that never happened in any way, again you are nothing more than a liar, besides a cry baby. I have never spoke to you since last year after the car was taken from your shop. And what the hell has Jakers and a bartender got to do with this anyway.

Again, you have no idea what your talking about, what a joke, almost laughable. I hear you have lawsuits against you for selling cars with titles that did not match the mileage on the cars sold. If this is true, how much lower can a businessman get. I hear you hire people to go out and damage others property if your not happy with them. The list goes on and on Tim Fix, and theirs alot more from what I'm hearing from your family as well. Shall we keep going on.....What goes around pal, comes back around Tim Fix, sooner or later.

Auto Fix rebuttal response from customer

AUTHOR: Doug - (United States of America)

"-Two teen drivers who race, no car can stand the abuse." Really Tim Fix, this car has leaked oil from the first day on out of your shop, up to a quart a week. How do you ascertain that so called racing caused the oil leaks? You replaced several gaskets after  months of trying to get you to fix the leaks, with your typical excuses it was someone elses doing(fault) and not yours. The car continues to leak oil, and one of them is coming from the rear main seal, as we took the car to Pro-Line(Joe) recently to have them see where the leaks are coming from.

Pro-Line thinks most of the oil is the two leaks he discovered, and not so much "blow-by", however that is to be determined after the repairs are made to stop the oil leaks. You did not put this car back together correctly, and you DO NOT stand behind your work. All I get from you is stupid, pathetic cheap excuses as usual for your poor work.

You DO NOT return phones calls, and when I have come to the shop, you hide in the back and I have to deal with your so-called manager, and he is just as pathetic as you. You DO NOT guarantee your work as I am a clear of example of doing business with you. You have a poor reputation in town, as I am begining to find out from other shops and auto dealers. I should sue you, but I've been told more than once that you will have to wait in line. I will tell everyone I can about how you have dealt with me over this engine rebuilt and will not stand behind your work.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

2 teen hot rod drivers behind the wheel. Nothing could with stand that abuse.

AUTHOR: Auto Fix Repair and SalesTi - (United States of America)

Wow Doug maybe you can find yourself another part time job because you obviousoy have WAY too much time on your hands.    Your pal Judd  Richards who was a subcontractor for me was the ace "wanna be" mechanic that  did the work on your kids car.  EVERYONE in town including numerous businesses have seen this car all over town and reported back to Auto Fix that the car has been seriously abused, the boost was cranked up too high (at your request) for the motor to be mistreated and have it rodded to death.

Just like the tranny and torque converter got destroyed in your diesel.   Shannon with S & S Engines saw for himself the way the car was being hot rodded and HE voided the warranty himself.    You were  verbally abusive to myself and Buddy and WE CHOSE NOT TO DEAL WITH YOU, kind of like  your scene at  Jakers.  Hitting the bartender and fighting over the bill.  They chose NOT TO HAVE YOU COME BACK AS WELL. Have a pleasant day.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC