Complaint Review: Auto Parts Fair

• Submitted: Tue, July 05, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 05, 2011

• Reported By: Mike — Fairfax Station Virginia U.S.A.
Auto Parts Fair
13006 Russell St Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

Auto Parts Fair AutoPartsFair.com, wheel-and-rims.com, buiparts.com "Supply Line" Crap Overland Park, Kansas

On June 23, 2011, I went web surfing to find a replacement wheel cover for my 2006 Toyota Corolla. I had noticed I'd lost a cover somewhere and could not figure out where to recover it. After some searching, I located AutoPartsFair.com and ordered what I needed. This is when the issue began.

I was quickly emailed a receipt noting that my order was received and that they would start looking for the part I wanted. Two hours later, I received another email, stating the cost and giving me tracking instructions. I waited a few days and went to the tracking website to find that the store was "Looking for item in network." It is now July 5th and there has been no status change.

I called the company half an hour ago to inquire and was informed that "they can't just go steal one" and the part has to go through their "supply line" so they can order it. Seriously? If I go to a Toyota dealer, they can order me the part and have it on my car in 3 or 4 days time - if I want to pay more than twice the price due to dealer markups! What kind of "supply line" does this place have? When I go to the grocery store, they get shipments weekly to replace items they run out of or don't have in stock for whatever other reason! I don't have to wait 2 weeks for my Jell-O pudding cups, do I? No! Maybe 3 or 4 days at the most!

They tell me they get their "new" parts off other vehicles. Those aren't "new!" They're called "used." Even still, it doesn't take more than a few days to obtain one for delivery!

Bottom line, I ordered here because it cost me less. I guess the price isn't the only thing they've cut. Their "customer service" is crap and ordering system is beyond stupid. It's worth the extra money to buy from the dealer. At least they have an instant "supply line!" You do get what you pay for. I paid little and got little in return.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Parts-Fair/Overland-Park-Kansas-66209/Auto-Parts-Fair-AutoPartsFaircom-wheel-and-rimscom-buipartscom-Supply-Line-Crap-Ove-749282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Parts Fair