Complaint Review: Auto Warranty Division, - National Program Headquarters

• Submitted: Wed, August 11, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:Bucyrus Kansas
Auto Warranty Division, - National Program Headquarters
1395 Jungermann Rd., Suite D St. Peters, Missouri U.S.A.

Auto Warranty Division, National Program Headquarters Is This An Actual Warranty Company? St. Peters Missouri

*Consumer Comment: if it looks like a duck...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: V.P.

*Consumer Comment: Automotive Financial Consultants

*Author of original report: A Little Research!

*Author of original report: Also Doing Business As Auto Warranty Direct

*Author of original report: Also Doing Business As Auto Warranty Direct

I received an envelope in the mail, from Auto Warranty Division, AUTOMOTIVE INFORMATION on the outside of the envelope. There is a presorted stamp but no postmark. It is informing me that the factory warranty on my vehicle is about to expire or had expired (this in bold letters). It then goes on to tell me that they have just introduced an after market probram that will allow them to offer extended coverage no matter what my current mileage is. It gives me an assigned customer number and encourages me to call WITHIN SEVEN DAYS their number 1-866-538-1212. It is signed by B. Scott Schatzberg, Warranty Director.

I attempted to research the phone number and could find a listing. When I researched the address that particular street address gave me two mortgage companies and one construction company, no auto warranty company. I DID call the number (after their business hours) and the recorded message answers as Auto Warranty Division. Does anyone know anything about this company? I did an Internet search for the name, but did not come up with anything. Something just doesn't look right.

S.n.
Bucyrus, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2004 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Auto-Warranty-Division-National-Program-Headquarters/St-Peters-Missouri-63376/Auto-Warranty-Division-National-Program-Headquarters-Is-This-An-Actual-Warranty-Company-103096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Auto Warranty Division, - National Program Headquarters

AUTHOR: Becks - (U.S.A.)

I am almost positive this is related to the phone scam via phone # 307-789-3695. If you google that number there are a few bulletin boards with many reports of auto warranty fraud.

They call your number with an automated message telling you to renew your auto warranty and to press 1 to proceed or 2 to ignore. I've pressed 1 a few times, just to try and get more information from these people and they are very, very shady. Today, I finally got a little more information when I asked the girl what the name of the company was. She mumbled Warranty Division. I asked her multiple times since she was mumbling and was presuming she was lying. Finally she just hung up on me.

Anyway, this sounds very similar. It is a total scam and should be ignored, but brought further to light as a scam for others.

AUTHOR: Roseanne - (U.S.A.)

I also got one of these notices (and it isn't the first one I've received either) and called yet again to complain to the company. They are selling a service (although the sales reps quickly deny they are selling anything; they call it "offering a service") and they know absolutely nothing about your car.

They obtain your name from mailing lists of questionable repute and send out these "final notice" letters counting on people to be naive and pay for something they neither need nor requested. They claim they can remove you from their mailing list now but can't promise you won't get re-added later (not true -- if you ask to be removed permanently they must remove you from their list permanently).

I spoke with someone named Jim LaBarbara who said he is a manager there and who gave me what he said was his direct line -- 877-304-7906. Getting to actually speak to a manager was a challenge in and of itself since the sales rep (who isn't really selling anything, he says) did not want to let me talk to a manager at all. Ridiculous.

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

V.P.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Automotive Financial Consultants, Inc. (DBA, Auto Warranty Division) is a sales office for automotive warranty sales. We have been selling automobile warranties since May 2001. In October 2003 we expanded our operation and moved from Hazelwood, MO to 1395 Jungermann Rd Ste. C St. Peters, MO 63376. In the complex we lease from there are several other businesses, not associated with us.

This is my second attempt to address this complaint.

John ODonnell V.P. Automotive Financial Consultants Inc.

Automotive Financial Consultants

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I received a similar notice, presorted w/ address in Missouri. Signed John P. O'Donell, Warranty Director, Ph# 1-866-538-1212. My car is fairly old and has changed hands a few times - if it ever had a factory warranty it expired long ago - in addition to the 7-day timeline and customer ID#, letter advises me to know my make, model, and mileage - if they know my factory is "about to expire" or "has expired" why don't they know what kind of car I have? It definitely looks sketchy.

A Little Research!

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

Once I had the name AUTO WARRANTY DIRECT, I was able to go to the Missouri Secretary of State's website where I located the following:

Business Name History
Entity Creation Date: 3/4/2003
Owners:
Name: 00495515 AUTOMOTIVE FINANCIAL
Name: Brian S. Schatzberg

In checking the 2004 Annual Registration Report for AUTOMOTIVE FINANCIAL CONSULTANTS, INC., Brian S. Schatzberg who is listed as an owner of Auto Warranty Direct is listed as an officer of this corporation.

Also Doing Business As Auto Warranty Direct

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

In another Internet search, I came up with a BBB report that listed the company as having the following phone number: 636-794-1005, fax number of 636-794-1004, additional doing-business-as-name: Auto Warranty Direct. Gives a website address of www.autowarrantydivision.com. Further states that 7 complaints have been processed in the last 36 months, of those in the last 12 months, the complaints were concerning Advertising Issues, Selling Practices, Warranty/Guarantee, and Refund Promised. Of complaints, 5 were closed as resolved, and 2 were closed as disputed. NOTE: The company is NOT a member of BBB.
I sent an e-mail to the State of Missouri's consumer information e-mail address requesting information on this company as well.

Also Doing Business As Auto Warranty Direct