Complaint Review: autoassure

• Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: henk2845 — urbana Ohio United States of America
autoassure
6200 Tennyson Parkway, suite 200 plano, Texas United States of America

autoassure cannot get hold of company for refunding my down payment after I canceled their program after 2 days plano, Texas

Heard about their car insurance program on the radio and called autoassure for info.  Talked to Doug File who gave me bad information on the contract requirements.  I had given him a down payment of $ 152 which would be refunded if I cancel within 30 days, he told me.  After I received the information from Doug by email on 8/23/2011, I canceled the program on 8/25/2011, both by calling the service department and also by sending Doug an email.  I was told by the service rep that my down payment would be refunded.

Doug then sent me an email trying to have me change my mind and after he was informed by me that I was firm in my decision to cancel, he told me that I had to call the service department and that would be the only way to cancel.  I called the service department again and  could not get hold of a live person.  Had to leave voice mail, informing them of my decision to cancel.  I called them 3 times and never could get hold of a live operator!

I finally called my credit company on 8/29/2011 but as of 9/13/2011 I still have not received my refund or any correspondence from autoassure.

Stay away from this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2011 03:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/autoassure/plano-Texas-75024/autoassure-cannot-get-hold-of-company-for-refunding-my-down-payment-after-I-canceled-thei-776053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on autoassure