Complaint Review: AutoLife RX

• Reported By: rippedoff — Maryland United States of America
AutoLife RX
Phoenix, Arizona Internet, Arizona United States of America

AutoLife RX AutoLife RX is a Scam Internet, Arizona

AutoLife RX is a scam.  My husband and I bought a used truck in February and bought the AutoLife RX Plus Warranty, so we wouldn't have to worry if the engine, transmission, etc. went bad within the next 100,000 miles.  Six months after we bought the truck the transmission went bad.

To make a long story short...we entered the claim and we were denied...the first reason they gave us was that we didn't change the the engine oil at 6,000 miles or 6 months.  The manufacturer recommend that the engine oil be changed every 6,500 miles.  When we complained about that, they told us that the odometer was broken.  When we said that it wasn't broken, the next excuse was that the inspector said that the clutch has normal wear and tear so it wasn't covered.  I asked them what the meant and they said they do not cover the clutch (even for automatic transmissions) and it was wear and tear.  I asked them what would have to happen to the transmission to cover it and he said a sudden or catastrophic event to the drum or shaft.  When I asked him what a catastrophic event would be he couldn't tell me.

It has been very frustrating and I would recommend that no one buy this warranty.  It is useless!  It doesn't cover anything if the damage is caused by normal wear and tear.  When you buy a used vehicle that already has 100,000, it is going to have normal wear and tear.  If anything "catastrophic" (whatever that is) was going to happen, it would have happened already.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2011 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AutoLife-RX/Internet-Arizona-/AutoLife-RX-AutoLife-RX-is-a-Scam-Internet-Arizona-792568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AutoLife RX