• Submitted: Thu, February 26, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 04, 2009

• Reported By:midwest city Oklahoma

AUTOMAX HYUNDAI DEL CITY, Automax took my trade and payed $556.00 less to my lendor than we agreed on. DEL CITY Oklahoma

*Author of original report: Update on Automax

I traded my 2005 Prius in (leather Nav system) for a 2008 Hyundai Accent because I needed to lower my monthly payment and I wanted the warranty.

The manager agreed to the price (I obtained a ten day payoff) on my prius and I wrote them a check (from my bank) for the Accent.

Two days later I call my bank because my account was deducted $556.00 for my Feb Payment on the Prius. This of course took my payoff amt down (along with money from my account I counted on for other expenses)

I called Automax to ask for my $556.00 and was told If there was a difference in my payoff it would take 30 days to give me the difference.

I called the manager Tony and ask him to please help me get the money back into my account after all they cashed my check which payed off my Prius and paid for the accent.. and the delay from Automax paying off my Prius cost me a payment I could not afford.

Tony listened to my problem and was sympathetic telling me he would call me back in a few hours. 5 days later still no call. When I called him again he refused my call and told someone named Rick to call me back.

Rick said they wouldn't give me back my money until they payed off my car. In the mean time I am struggling to get by and will be late making a payment all because I bought a car from Automax.

I am beginning to wonder if they have any intention of giving me back the money the wrongfully obtained. I can't afford to loan them money for 30 days and I do not want the Accent for more money than I agreed upon.

Is this the kind of customer service you would want from a dealership? Be smart and stay away from these type of business practices.

midwest city, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 10:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUTOMAX-HYUNDAI-DEL-CITY/DEL-CITY-Oklahoma-73115/AUTOMAX-HYUNDAI-DEL-CITY-Automax-took-my-trade-and-payed-55600-less-to-my-lendor-than-w-428959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUTOMAX HYUNDAI DEL CITY

Update on Automax

AUTHOR: Sheryl - (U.S.A.)

Automax paid my loan off as agreed today. Why they couldn't convey that to me I don't know. The only way I found out was through my bank. I am grateful that the business transaction was done as agreed upon. I do wish they would have called me and communicated what was going on.