expert

• Updated: Thu, August 25, 2011

• Reported By: Deezer — Henderson North Carolina United States of America
Automax
519 North Garnett Street Henderson, North Carolina United States of America

Automax Paint peeling (bad) after two weeks off the lot, wipers quit working after 48hrs. They would not fix under warranty Henderson, North Carolina

I bought my van in January 2011.  I took a trip with it the next day and on my trip my wipers would not turn off.  When I returned home I noticed that my paint was peeling off all over the van, so I  talked to the manager and he said that he would take care of it and sent me to the local repair shop but that they would not fix the paint because it wasn't covered under warranty even though it had only been two weeks off the lot.  The repair shop temporarily fixed the issues but when they gave me the van back my wipers would not work on high.  I went back to Automax of Henderson and talked to the manager again, and again he sent me back to the local repair shop.  They gave him a quote of over $500 to fix AGAIN!  They said it wasn't covered under warranty and actually asked me to pay for some of the repairs!  I  brought up the fact that I already had to pay over $1000 (money I don't have) for the paint repair and that there was no way they were gonna see a dime from me.  Now my transmission is messing up so I'm not sure how they will handle that so there will probably be more to follow.  BEWARE OF AUTOMAX IN HENDERSON NC!!  I understand how a warranty works but common sense tells me if the vehicle was not off the lot a week before paint peeling and wipers not working correctly, it was probably "fixed" by them to get the vehicle off the lot.  If anyone can help me deal with this please let me know.  These people know that I can't afford a lawyer, I might have just as well pay for the repairs myself.  Thanks for the clean moral fiber AUTOMAX! Its obvious you do not care about your customers or doing the right thing by them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2011 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Automax/Henderson-North-Carolina-27536/Automax-Paint-peeling-bad-after-two-weeks-off-the-lot-wipers-quit-working-after-48hrs-769392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Automax