lying

Autonation Chevrolet
5757 Lake Worth Road Greenacres, Florida USA

Autonation Chevrolet Ali, Phil and Jay Rip off and lies! Greenacres Florida

*Consumer Comment: Anyone...

I was interested in purchasing a vehicle VIN: JNKAJ09E48M306864 Stock # 8M306864 i was told this transaction can be done. I spoke with Jay from Autonation Chevrolet in lake worth and he told me all i would need to was provide him some personal information social security number, driver license, utilities bill and my last two pay stubs to make this transaction successful. That information was faxed yesterday afternoon he ran my credit and he said everything looks perfect. He stated he was going to contact the dealership AUTONATION NISSAN CLEARWATER 727-231-141315299 US Highway 19 North Clearwater, Florida to have the vehicle shipped. He turns around and contacts me via telephone and tells me that because the vehicle is on clearance they were unable to ship the vehicle to contact the other dealership and see what I can work out. So i said ok, contacted that dealership and spoke with the manager by the name of Phil which he was nice enough to provide me his direct number 727-507-3200.

I told him my issue and he told me that the sale representative needs to contact them so they are able to have the vehicle shipped with no problem. It does not matter that the vehicle is on clearance the only issue was that i would need to go to that dealership and would need to test drive the vehicle before confirming the transaction. I then contacted Jay the sales associate from the Lakeworth dealership and informed of what the sales manager told me. He asked for the manager's name and I provided the name and number that Phil gave me. About 15 minutes later I receive a call back from a manager that goes by the name of Ali from the Autonation Chevrolet. He then told me that the vehicle could not be shipped for the same reason. After telling him why this was not presented to me before my credit was ran he then switched the issue around and said in order for them to be able to ship the vehicle I would need to put $3,000.00 down for the car. I was baffled and i asked him what was the amount to ship the car? He never answered my question - I then told him that I will not be putting anything down as a down payment because my credit is practically perfect. I've text message Jay again last night informing him of my concern and he told me he will be forwarding my comments and concerns to his manager again.

My point on the matter at this time is I feel like I misleaded. All I wanted is the car I've been searching for almost about a week for a GREAT price. I've finally found it and sale associates are asking for more than the internet price. If that was the matter I would have walked away, but instead he takes my personal information - process my credit tells me we can get this car and once it was time to get the car. I am told i can't get the car because its on a clearance, but then tells me i can if i put $3,000.00 down we can make it happen? Come on now! If this is the kind of business you all are running then I don't know how you all do not have a lawsuit. All I am asking is to be able to purchase the car that I desire. You all go by your slogan "worry free" but all I've had was stress in the last 48 hours about this car. I am trying to buy this car before it is sent to auction but instead we have a jerks like "Ali" telling me I can't get the car unless I put $3,000.00 down? ITS A 5 YEAR OLD CAR!! It's not brand new! I've even offered to pay for the shipping, but after talking to Jay he told me that after accessing my credit that this transaction would not be possible based on shipping costs? So I'm offering to pay for the shipping but Ali wants more money from me because he wants to go out to a fancy dinner? Before I was a upset customer, now I am a irate customer, and who ever takes the time to read this will understand and feel the stress that I'm going through. Its unprofessional, unethical and highway robbery!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Autonation-Chevrolet/Greenacres-Florida-33463/Autonation-Chevrolet-Ali-Phil-and-Jay-Rip-off-and-lies-Greenacres-Florida-1066914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Autonation Chevrolet

Anyone...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Anyone who wants to buy a USED car, sight unseen, needs to have their head examined!