Complaint Review: autopartsway

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Ashton — Ontario Canada
autopartsway
Internet Canada

autopartsway The "customer service" doesn't care one bit about helping the customer after they have your money. Toronto, Canada Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Thank you for your feedback

I made a part # error on my order and realized just after I confirmed the order. I asked to change the order but they said they couldn't add or change parts (despite that the order wasn't shipped until 3 days later). What a bunch of BS that is...

Their "customer service" just don't care to make any effort to help a customer once they have your money.

So my only option would have been to pay to ship the part back then get only 80% of item cost back in store credit which ends up all being a huge waste of time and money.

I will NEVER ever order from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2010 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/autopartsway/internet/autopartsway-The-customer-service-doesnt-care-one-bit-about-helping-the-customer-after-673649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on autopartsway

AUTHOR: apw_rep - (United States of America)

Thank you for your feedback.

What you stated is partly true.  Our system is very automated. Once you place your order on our website, it goes directly to the warehouse closest to your location, which automatically puts your inventory on hold, prints our a packaging slip and UPS labels.  It is in most cases almost impossible to cancel any order.  Although this system has that limitation, we specifically created it to have very little human interaction from the time the order is placed to the time it is fulfilled in order to avoid any human errors that can happen in the process.  If you've purchased form us, you know how fast our shipping is and how accurate our fulfillment system is.  We've won many award for the efficiency and accuracy of our fulfillment, and we are very proud of this.  However it does have that limitation where once an order is placed it cannot be cancelled or changed.

For this reason we kindly ask that each customer makes sure they are ordering what they need.

However in the event that wrong parts are ordered, this is not a problem.  We ask that the customer simply refuses the shipment at the time of delivery and we will provide a FULL refund once the package is back at our warehouse.  And this is where I must disagree with you.  You should not have gotten 80% but instead 100% of what you paid.  If that is not the case, please contact me and I will adjust immediately.  It is not and has never been our policy to charge any restocking fee in such situations.

Best Regards,