Complaint Review: autovest llc

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: kentd277 — Brooklyn Ohio
autovest llc
26261 Evergreen Rd, Suite 350 Southfield, MI 48076 southfield, Michigan USA

autovest llc AKA Michael Andrews & Associates LLC IS A BIG RIP OFF southfield Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Real Talk

*General Comment: First off!

Hello in 2006 I baught a car from JD Byrider in Cleveland Ohio. Everything was fine for a year and a half when I missed an insurance payment and was droped by the insurance company. A few days went by before i was able to get a new policy when I was in an accident and totaled the car. JD Byrider and CNAC finance repo the car. They told me they was going to do a charge off for the $9703 I owed left on the car and I owed them nothing, but it would go on my credit report for a few years.

In 2009 I receved a letter from AUTOVEST LLC and there lawyer Michael Andrews & Associates, they said they baught my debt from CNAC and I now owe them $13,000 plus and they was suing me in court for the money. I told Autovest what to do with them self. It wasen't untill  April  2013 that I receved a letter from the courts stating they won a judgement to repo any and all my property to satisfy judgement they won in the amount of $22,514.21 when all I owed JD Byrider and CNAC was $9703. What a big RIP OFF . And now they suied for garninshment of my paychecks and won again in court ,and what sucks I'm never notified when it goes to court. I found out about the garnishment this week when I seen $280 being taken out of my pay and my office told me that there was a garnishment. So if you want a car pay cash never finance one EVER!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/autovest-llc/southfield-Michigan-48076/autovest-llc-AKA-Michael-Andrews-Associates-LLC-IS-A-BIG-RIP-OFF-southfield-Michigan-1063889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on autovest llc

Real Talk

AUTHOR: Thom - (USA)

Things move fast nowadays, but never be afraid to contact and speak to collection agencies. They have a job to collect on their investment (which is your account that they've purchased). Anyone else who has done a google search and gotten to this page, my 2 pieces of advice are to pay cash for your vehicle and to negotiate if you are now faced with dealing with an agency. Once it goes to court, it's too late. Your only option at that point is to say good bye to your credit and get ready for garnishment.

Sorry it happened to you. In the future yes, pay cash for your car or wait and save up until you have enough. If you're in a situation like this and know it's going to go to court CALL THEM before it goes to court and try to come to some agreement for paying them.

#2 General Comment

First off!

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Michael C. Andrews & Associates is NOT there attorney, Secondly, Did you answer the summons and complaint? If you didn't to late now! 2 options, file bankruptcy or motion to vacate the judgment.