• Report: #652041

Complaint Review: AUTOZONE

• Submitted: Sun, October 17, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, October 17, 2010

• Reported By: Nathan — indianapolis Indiana U.S.A.
AUTOZONE
2808 LAYFETTE INDIANA IN 46222 INDIANA, Indiana United States of America

AUTOZONE WARNING........WARNING........vALUCRAFT CALIPERS, PADS AND ROTORS..FROM AUTOZONE ARE DEFECTIVE INDIANA, Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: go figure

I purchased Valuecraft Calipers (2), (2) rotors and pads.  Installed them took vehicle out for a test drive.  I heard a scraping noise from the front end.  I took off the calipers and the piston was cracked out on the edge.  I exchanged them including pads.  The same thing happens.  Pistons on calipers are chipped.  I test drove this vehicle less then 5 miles.  I took off calipers and one again the pistons were chipped.

I took them to layfette and the clerk handed me song and dance it was my car that was the problem.  I know for a fact its the cheap parts they sell from china.  He then told that he could not refund my money because he had to have the manager approval.  They also owe me for the core.  Once I return these I will be buying American made parts.  NO MORE CHINESE GARBAGE

I am not going to mess with managers.  I am going to the district manager.

The part numbers are as follows:

Rotors:  53298

Calipers c325 and c324

pads mkd521v

tHESE PARTS ARE FOR A DODGE VEHICLE

Boycott.......Autozone................Boycott....Autozone

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2010 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUTOZONE/INDIANA-Indiana-/AUTOZONE-WARNINGWARNINGvALUCRAFT-CALIPERS-PADS-AND-ROTORSFROM-AUTOZONE-652041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUTOZONE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

go figure

AUTHOR: Fred Flintstone - (United States of America)

this is normal with auto zone anymore. They only sell the cheapest of the cheap parts.

Most auto zone brake rotors need to be turned to run true right out of the box.

I have seen 4 of their unit bearing assemblies fail in less than 1000miles. They replace them under warranty but they don't pay for the labor.

Do yourself a favor and spend a little more for Napa or carquest parts if you can.

P.S. Don't buy the lifetime brake pads or shoes. They only kill the rotors.