Complaint Review: availabe movers

• Reported By: MsEdmond — Herndon Virginia
availabe movers
46396 Benedict Drive Suite# 340 Sterling, Virginia USA

Availabe Movers Worst movers on earth Sterling Virginia

This moving company is the worst Northern VA offers. Two weeks back I contacted them and expressed being leery of other movers in other locations due to some of them with bad reviews.

I expressed I wanted to deal with a local mover because I was only moving under 10 miles. The manager appeared to have felt been in tune to my biggest fear, and that was being provided an estimate and then the day of the move be charged almost double the amount for adding an additional stop to storage that was on the way to the new address. She came across as so honest and caring.

The day of the move everything was going well as she kept me in the loop with the arrival time. I told her I wanted to make a small detour to the storage on the way, and I asked the cost. I was quoted the $69 per hour, with the two
movers. Oh, as you can guess the movers arrived at approximately 4:30 as not much time is left in the day. [continued below]....

.....

The management team arrived to access my boxes and other things. Imagine them deciding that a third man was required so they could charge $100 per hour. Being that it was late and time running out, I asked them to negotiate a lower rate
that was in my budget. Trapped in my garage with them, and the movers had loaded about 30 minutes worth of my things on the truck, the only choice I had was to allow them to overcharge me the double amount from the original estimate.

This move ended up costing me over $850 when I was quoted $450. The only thing that changed was one stop to the storage unit and I told her I was moving from a two bedroom apartment on the second level.

Additional insult to injury came as I had to deal with unprofessional movers in that my very expensive sofa fabric was torn and the solid wood arms were nicked/scratched as the movers laid the sofa against a hard surface unprotected
from being wrapped with cloths and tape. One of the movers turned my leather ottoman face down on the leather side instead of the legs of the ottoman. I have photos of all the damage. I could not believe these guys both management and the movers.

Remember, great employees come from having management who treats its customers fair and ethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/availabe-movers/Sterling-Virginia-20171/Availabe-Movers-Worst-movers-on-earth-Sterling-Virginia-1057159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on availabe movers