Complaint Review: avast!

• Submitted: Thu, August 22, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, August 22, 2013

• Reported By: Claudia — Mansfield Texas
, Select State/Province USA

avast! I was ripped off by avast! twice. I paid for a service, then was told to upgrade in the same telephone conversation. I was to be refunded the first fee and charged a higher fee for upgraded services. I've never received the refund, after almost 2 months and 4 phone calls they keep saying 3 to 5 business days. Select State/Province

avast! cleaned a virus off my computer. I was charged $129.89 on July 7, 2013. Within the same conversation, the technician told me that I could get a full year of technical support for a fee and I agreed to upgrade. The technician told me that he'd credit me back the $129.89 and charge me for the full one year of customer support of $184.01. As of August 22, 2013 - I have called 4 times trying to get my refund. I keep getting a different story each time and a promise that I will get my money in 3 to 5 days. Both charges are still on my credit card account.. Still no refund. Can I file a complaint with the BBB or state's attorney general. I don't know what state this company is based in. Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/avast/Select-StateProvince/avast-I-was-ripped-off-by-avast-twice-I-paid-for-a-service-then-was-told-to-upgrade-1078101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on avast!