Complaint Review: avast

• Submitted: Tue, February 11, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: disappointed — Miami Florida
, Select State/Province USA

avast tech support is a sales line miami Florida

my experience was horrible with avast technical support. Regardless of the problem they will  say you need thier advanced support d or 179. They pointed to potentially unwanted programs that have been installed since 2010. First time I called I denied thie upgrade uninstalled avast and reinstalled. Ok working fine. At the end of the trial period reinstalled my key for my subcription level and the problems really started. This time I called back since the firewall wouldnt turn back on   they pointed to at least 20 potentially unwanted programs. Ok screw it lets pay the money and get real support. Right?  No, any tech yiu contact will run thier diagnostic tool and do a restore.NEVER a call back to see how it  went.   Third time I called I requested an escalation and set an appointment .  The person missed the appointment  and never called to reschedule. My fourth call the rep said he was escalting and transferred me to another agent. He has made the notes on the account,  but no one bithers to read them.  This  new appointment is now ten minutes late without a call to say I'm delayed. Dont waste your money!!  Just bite the bullet and restore. I used to think avast was superior but my next call is to fet my money back. What a shame!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/avast/Select-StateProvince/avast-tech-support-is-a-sales-line-miami-Florida-1122909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on avast