Complaint Review: AVG-Internet Security Service

• Submitted: Tue, June 26, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 26, 2012

• Reported By: Julianne — Glencoe California U.S.A.
AVG-Internet Security Service
Chelmsford, Massachusetts United States of America

AVG-Internet Security Service UNAUTHORIZED "RENEWAL" WITHDRAWL FROM CHECKING ACCOUNT Chelmsford, Massachusetts

On June 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM I received an email stating that my subscription to AVG for internet security was being automatically renewed. I did not view this email until 7:30 AM, June 22, 2012, and immediately  contacted AVG explaining that I did not want to renew, and to cancel the renewal debit from my checking account immediately. I further explained the urgency of my request for cancellation, stating that my checking account would incur "over the limit" fees if this unauthorized charge was processed by my bank. I contacted them twice on June 22, 2012, twice on June 23, 2012, twice on June 24, 2012, and four times on June 25, 2012, after discovering that my checking account had been debited by AVG, causing two over the limit fees for $26 each. Each time I was told that my over the limit fees would be refunded to me, but today received an email from AVG stating they were not responsible for the fees, and would not pay them. As of today June 26, 2012 AVG has refunded the renewal amount but claimed no responsibility for the over the limit fees, one of which was for their debit to my account. I have now taken $52 of my July rent payment to reinstate my checking account. AVG it appears operates fraudulently in this regard and cannot (as far as I am concerned) be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2012 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVG-Internet-Security-Service/Chelmsford-Massachusetts-01824/AVG-Internet-Security-Service-UNAUTHORIZED-RENEWAL-WITHDRAWL-FROM-CHECKING-ACCOUNT-Chel-903068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVG-Internet Security Service