Complaint Review: AVG Technologies, USA

• Reported By: nhomexxw@gmail.com — Spencer Indiana United States of America
AVG Technologies, USA
2105 Northwest Blvd Newton, North Carolina United States of America

*General Comment: Ripped off

*UPDATE Employee: RE: AVG Technologies, USA AVG Technologies USA, Inc. AVG Overcharged and Foreign Transaction Fee Newton, North Carolina

I used a free AVG and realized I had Rootkit.  And so, I called AVG representative on 7/1/12 to purchased the paid one with my credit card.  I called the AVG again for some inquiry and then realized I was charged more than the services I ordered.  The AVG, Customer Services, Rafael Baniqued, http://www.avg.com, assured me that he would give me the refund.

Yesterday (7/20/12), I received a bill from my credit card company, and I realized AVG has yet given me of the credit. I also realized I was charged Foreign Transaction Fee.  Today when I called my credit company, I was told there was nothing to do with it, and I needed to talk to AVG.  AVG said I needed to talk to the bank, and that AVG was nothing to do with it. I asked the AVG Technology Support Representative whom I spoke today 7/21/2 (His name was Jason Langbid) and requested the full refund and written statement saying about the Foreign Transaction Fee so that I could show my bank his email statement to get the credt.

He said he would e-mail me which I would receive in 24 to 48 hours to indicate he has forwarded
my claim to the Refund Department. He said that the refund process would take 2 to 3 weeks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVG-Technologies-USA/-Newton-North-Carolina-28658/AVG-Technologies-USA-AVG-Technologies-USA-Inc-AVG-Overcharged-and-Foreign-Transaction-F-915423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVG Technologies, USA

#1 General Comment

Ripped off

AUTHOR: UofM fan - (United States of America)

The AVG Customer Service number listed on the internet is never answered.  To complain about unauthorized withdrawals from my account, I got the following phone number from one of their technicians.  The number is (877) 361-2542.  I talked with someone named Carmen. I wish everyone the best in getting their money back from these scammers.

AUTHOR: AVGCares - (United States of America)

Hello,

My name is Jon and I am representative of  AVG Customer Care. I have read your post and want to make sure you have been properly taken care of.

We tried to find your transaction via the email  nh****xw@gmail.com and could not find a sale or transaction. If you used a different mail for the purchase, that could be the hurdle preventing everything. Also, since this site hides its members identities we also were unable to find your name.

We are currently looking into the Agent who helped you to expedite as necessary.

If you have an order number, that would be the best way to solve this and process the refund. Also, if you could respond with the URL that you purchased the software from as well as where your bank is located (or the name) as well as your location (city and state is fine if in the US).

A few points that I have verified from our team to add clarification to you and others reading this:

Foreign transaction fees occur depending on where your bank is located as well as where you are purchasing from. For example, if you live in the US and you use a US credit card such as a Visa, AmEx or Master Card, there will be no foreign transaction fee will added. I have tested and verified this as well.

However, if a foreign transaction fee is added, it usually has to do with a conversion of currency from your credit card and not the company your purchasing from, in this case AVG. You cash read more on foreign transaction fees here: http://www.cardhub.com/edu/foreign-transaction-fees/

As for turnaround time on the refund, we can speedily *request* the refund, however, the credit card company may take weeks to process and refund the money for an online order - especially for one that *seems* to be overseas.

Please get back to me with any additional information that will help us process this faster for you.

Thanks,