Complaint Review: AVIS RENT A CAR

• Updated: Sat, June 11, 2011

• Reported By: olga k. — virginia beach Virginia USA
AVIS RENT A CAR
NORFOLK, VA NORFOLK, Virginia United States of America

AVIS RENT A CAR AVIS CAR RENTAL, AVIS BUDGET GROUP UNPROFESSIONAL APPROACH, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE NORFOLK, Virginia

I've been on the phone with Avis all day trying to make a reservation. First time I called their representative was totally not knowing what was going on, gave me a price of $62.27, so he reserved a car,  but didn't provide me with a confirmation number. I called an hour later to get more info and second rep told me that I didn't have a reservation in my name, he gave me a price of $54.69, when I asked to speak with a supervisor he hung up on me, I called back twice asking for a supervisor and both times I was hung up on. After I called back again I finally spoke with a supervisor.
I was suppose to pick up a car at 11pm, when I went there they run my debit card and told me that I was denied to get a rental car by Equifax. I contacted my bank, confirmed that I had plenty of money in my account and bank rep told me that it was impossible to perform a check credit with a debit card. When I asked the manager of that Avis location he couldn't explain what the requirements were in order to qualify for a rental car.
I've spent two hours on the phone with avis, asking to speak with a supervisor, I was being transferred from one person to another, just to find out 2 hours later that all the supervisors were gone from 10pm, somehow not a single rep told me that.

Absolutely unexceptable!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2011 10:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVIS-RENT-A-CAR/NORFOLK-Virginia-23505/AVIS-RENT-A-CAR-AVIS-CAR-RENTAL-AVIS-BUDGET-GROUP-UNPROFESSIONAL-APPROACH-HORRIBLE-CUSTO-739769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVIS RENT A CAR