Complaint Review: Avon Car rentals

• Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: Gil — los angeles California
Avon Car rentals
7080 santa monica bl, los angeles, ca 90038 los angeles, California USA

Avon Car rentals Avon car and van rentals Bad rental company los angeles California

The words I'd like to use to describe this disreputable company can't be used in this forum. My step daughter, and my wife's only daughter, was scheduled to wed this past Sat, 7/20/13. They both had their hearts set on a Lincoln Town Car which was to be a special gift to her from her mom for her wedding. 1 1/2 week prior to the wedding my wife call Avon and spoke with their rep, Neil, who advised that they had one available for that date and made the necessary arrangements. My wife then called Neil again on 7/17/13 to confirm. Neil advised that everything had been taken care of and all we needed to do was to pick up the vehicle on Sat morning. Needless to say, this was a very special event and the town car was very much a part of the plan. I arrived at Avon on Sat morning prepared to drive directly to pick my step daughter only to be told that there had been a mistake and the car was unavailable. Numerous excuses were made by the Avon reps which ultimately did not resolve the problem. We were put in contact with another rental agency which resulted in a much smaller vehicle at greater cost in that we were forced to keep the vehicle an extra day since they were closed on Sun. The extreme disappointment caused and lack of professionalism from this company is shameful. Not even a courtesy call to allow us an opportunity to research another similar vehicle in time. They knew this was for a wedding! In a subsequent call to their manager, Eric, we were advised that this was an unfortunate error and all he could do at this point was to work out a deal on our next rental. Lot's of luck with that Eric!! I will never again do business with this disgraceful outfit and if this review can save someone else the heartache we experienced, it makes this negative review well worth it. I strongly believe that on a rating of 1 to 10, this company rates a -0. Stay away, or at least from their reps Neil and Eric. If they admit they've made a mistake, don't expect them to make it right because they won't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Avon-Car-rentals/los-angeles-California-90038/Avon-Car-rentals-Avon-car-and-van-rentals-Bad-rental-company-los-angeles-California-1069761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avon Car rentals