Complaint Review: Award Notification Commission

• Updated: Mon, October 21, 2013

• Reported By: Candace Ugarte — Oakley California
Award Notification Commission
P.O. Box 2905 Kansas City, Kansas USA

Award Notification Commission John McNabb & William MacDougal I keep receiving letters saying I won $2,000,000 before receiving these letters I was receiving phone calls at all hours and sometimes it registered the call from Jamacia, Texas, and many other states. Kansas City Kansas

I started receiving phone calls a few year ago about winning a large sum of money. The voice had an accent so I would recognize it when they kept calling at all hours of the day and night. I would tell them they were a scam and to stop calling me but they kept on for around 3 years. Now I am receiving letters that I have won $2,000,000 and that I need to send money ($12.99) to cover a discount certificate from ANC, never explaining what ANC stands for. There are no phone #'s or web address. The names being used in the letters are the same names used on phone calls. William MacDougal and John McNabb who have heavy accents, clearly not from America. The last letter asked for a credit card number and signature. I am tired of this scam so decided to report it. When I was receiving the phone calls I told them I had reported them and gave the telephone #'s to the person I spoke with ont he phone to report and they stopped for a long while. I actually did call, I found a # on the interenet to report scams but this was a year ago and now here it goes again with letters.

The letter: says: Urgent Notification from William MacDougal, Compliance Examiner, Award Notification Commission, North American Division. It gives status "Limbo" because I have not sent in any money, I keep throwing them away. It gives an account # and document reference. Mail in $12.99 immediately for the dicount certificate from ANC, I am in the sweepstakes and no further action is necessary (except to mail in a ck or money order or credit card info). It looks very offical and coinsides with the publishers clearing house mailings. I think some people might get it confused.Even the envelope is marked urgent reply.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Award-Notification-Commission/Kansas-City-Kansas-66110/Award-Notification-Commission-John-McNabb-William-MacDougal-I-keep-receiving-letters-sa-1093449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Award Notification Commission