Complaint Review: Award Notification Commission

• Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By: Unscammable — Crescent City California United States of America
Award Notification Commission
PO Box 2905 Kansas City, Kansas United States of America

Award Notification Commission William MacDougal,Compliance Examiner Delivery of my $2,000,000 has been put on hold and I need to send them $11.89 to release it. Kansas City, Kansas

I received a letter in the mail.  The envelope had a printed green box that said "Registrant Mail" with "Funds unclaimed" all in capitol letters below the box.  It made me suspicious of a scam before I even opened the envelope, because the US Postal Service puts a  green sticker on the envelope if is is registered mail and I never even heard of "registrant mail".
The letter said that I won two million dollars in a sweepstakes and it was put on hold.  What sweepstakes was that?  I have never entered one!  They wanted me to send them $11.89 immediately to release the hold status on that item, so that they could send me two million dollars.
I know that it must be a scam if you have to send them money to get money that you have won.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Award-Notification-Commission/Kansas-City-Kansas-66110/Award-Notification-Commission-William-MacDougalCompliance-Examiner-Delivery-of-my-2000-831500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Award Notification Commission