Complaint Review: awdirect.com awdirect towing aw direct

• Submitted: Tue, March 06, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Fred — new york New York U.S.A.
awdirect.com awdirect towing aw direct
401 S. Wright Rd., Internet United States of America

awdirect.com awdirect towing aw direct MrFunnel Fascist international customs tarriff laws to buy 1 funnel! NEVER SENT IT! Cost me thousands. Internet

Very simple. Ridiculous! I needed one funnel with a water separating screen to filter fuel before my trip.  I ordered and asked the order taker to expedite it.  I explained that we were taking an international trip and needed it before then.

Weeks by and no funnel arrived.  They didn't even bother to contact me and tell me something was
wrong!  I inquired when there was a week left.  They said, "oh! our notes say you were going to take this out of the country and it is not 'approved for export'."  I explained that i was not 'exporting' anything, that all i said was i was making a trip and needed it beforehand.  She made me fill out a ridiculous legal customs export liability release form, ...FOR 1 FUNNEL!.  She promised to send it express.  I faxed the form back.  Days passed.  NO funnel!  They said some kind of technicality that I 'modified' the form by signing it electronically and that I would not be receiving my funnel. [continued below]....
..... (I just noticed that they expected me to pay an extra $35 for a $20 funnel for express shipping, even though it was their fault!)

This company is Ridiculous and plays into the Globalist Fascist mold.  These laws have NOTHING to do with a person ordering 1 funnel for personal use.  NOTHING to do with my situation.  THIS IS NOT A COMPANY YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH!  Unless you are a multinational with lawyers on staff.  Or, unless you want a maze of redtape and lost time and wages.  STAY AWAY FROM AW DIRECT!

Shame on you Mrfunnel for not slapping sanctions on this company for treating your customers this way!  A good product, but terrible customer service to allow Retailers to do this.  TRANSCRIPT of emails below;
-----

Dear Fred,
Thank you for your email.  I apologize for your experience, and we regret to hear a customer having a hard time
when it comes to obtaining our product.  As you know, we do not have any control over how a dealer conducts business.  Furthermore, some of our dealers are purchasing through distributors, therefore, we do not even sell directly to all entities carrying our product.  As a result, we are unable to get directly involved in your dealings with another company.  If you let me know where you are located, I maybe help direct you to other dealers/distributors that carry our product.
Regards,
J.J.Mr. Funnel, Inc.

On Jan 24, 2011, at 8:23 PM, fred****@yahoo.com wrote:

Dear Manufacturer:
  We experienced an increcible fraud from one of your dealers.  We ordered a Mr.Funnel from them and they agreed to ship it. We paid in advance.  We stated that we were going on a trip and needed it right away.

Your dealer decided that I was becoming involved in "import-export" and was not authorized to do so with your product. As much as I tried to explain that there was not time to reorder from another company and that they were breaching their agreement to send it on time, they made me sign an Indemnity form. Still, they refused to send it.

I ordered ONE, quantity of ONE 3.5" funnel, which was not in stock locally anywhere, and not having it create a financial hardship for me as I tried to filter the fuel for our trip.

The details are below. I am completely in disbelief at how your dealer conducted themselves with their lawyers and all.  I just returned from my trip and did not have the time to deal with it further before.

Please contact me about this
Fred

------------ Forwarded message ------------
From: fred*****@yahoo.com>
Date: Jul 15, 2010
Subject: RE: [RE]SC06836923 Specialty Brands Indemnification Letter.doc SC06836923cc
To: international@awdirect <international@awdirect.com>

Dear Cindy
We have suffered significant damage as a result of your unecessarily canceling our order simply because we said we were taking a trip out of the country.  When we return, we will have our Counsel contact you with details
fred

---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------
Subject : RE: [RE]SC06836923 Specialty Brands Indemnification Letter.doc SC06836923cc
Date : Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:52:30 -0500
From : "international@awdirect" <international@awdirect.com>
To : fred******@yahoo.com>

Dear Sir:
I have not heard back from you and have not received the correct Specialty Brands Indemnification Letter from you therefore the order has not been processed. I will hold the order until the end of the businessday Wednesday, June 23, 2010 if you would still like to proceed with this order.

The order will be cancelled if we do not receive the form by Wednesday, June 23, 2010 and your approval of shipping charges. Once the order is canceled if you wish to order again you will need to  submit a new order as we can not reinstate a cancelled order and we will need to send you a new Specialty Brands Indemnification Letter as the letter is specific to the order number.

Best Regards

Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 1:14 PM
To: fred
Importance: High

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your reply with the Specialty Brands Indemnification Letter, unfortunately our legal department will not allow us to accept the document you have returned as a word document. We will need you to resend the original document without the modifications that have been made.

The document that you attached is missing our company name AW Direct. It appears you copied this into a word document and signed it and returned it. We can not accept it in this format as a modified document. We do not accept this form back as a word document because the form does not allow it to be copied since the wording could be changed and altering our liability so it deletes our company name when it is copied into a word document making the document null and void.

This is a legal document that removes our liability from the export and the letter has to be retuned either by fax or you will need to print it, sign it and then scan it and resend as a pdf document. Please be aware that when you agree to receive this order as a domestic order the item is not approved by AW Direct for export and we will not provide any export trade data.

If you need me to resend you the original one that was sent to you please let me know and I will locate a copy and resend it, otherwise your order will be holding for the document returned via fax or as a pdf attachment.

The shipping charge for overnight service is $ 35.78 so the total order would be $51.82 if you chose to ship this by overnight service. You will need to approve those next day shipping charges.

At this point we can not guarantee the order will ship today and arrive on Monday. Once we receive the correct document then our credit department will have to process your credit card, they obtain those authorizations manually by contacting the credit card company for approval, if they are unable to gain authorization they will contact you regarding prepayment.

Best Regards,
To: intl@labsafety
Cc: international@awdirect
Subject: [RE]SC06836923 Specialty Brands Indemnification Letter.doc SC06836923

To: colleen jones
please reply that you received this, and that my funnel is going out overnight air tomorrow. thanks

fred

Fred ***
******
*****  ***

Dear Fred
First, let me thank you on behalf of , a division of GHC Specialty Brands, LLC, for your business. One condition of our relationship going forward is continued compliance with U.S. Export Regulations. I am writing to remind you of your obligations in this regard.

The export and re-export of U.S. items is subject to regulatory requirements of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) and other U.S. and foreign government regulations. If subsequent to a purchase from you choose to in turn export our products to a foreign purchaser, compliance requirements under these regulations are your responsibility.

I am requesting that you read and sign this letter to acknowledge that these export compliance requirements are your exclusive responsibility and not the responsibility of. These compliance requirements include, without limitation, the following:

* Filing an Automated Export System (AES) report when required by the FTR;
* Identifying your company as the United States Principal Party in Interest (USPPI);
* Not exporting or re-exporting any products to any destination or country to which the export or re-export is prohibited by the EAR;
* Obtaining export licenses when required by law.

In no case should name, address or EIN be used in AES reporting. Furthermore, any product export classification made by is for internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification for such product or whether an export license or other documentation is required for the exportation of such product.

In signing and returning this letter, you acknowledge that you are subject to export control regulations of the United States and foreign countries. You therefore agree to indemnify and hold harmless and its affiliates against all damages that arise out of or relate to your failure to comply with these regulations.

Additionally, you acknowledge that all hazardous materials are packaged for sale in the United States and are not packaged or labeled in accordance with international standards. You agree that you will not attempt to export any hazardous materials you acquire from without complying with international packaging, labeling, and documentation standards.

Your prompt attention to this matter is most appreciated. Please sign and execute this Customer Acknowledgement document and return to our office via fax at 608/754-1806 or via mail to the following address: , PO Box 5185, Janesville, WI 53547-5185.

This signed letter is applicable to this specific transaction of Order #SC06836923 and Purchase Order #C0HEN06112010 unless revoked in writing by either party.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Regards,

__________________________________
Print Name (required)

__________________________________

Print Title (required

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/awdirectcom-awdirect-towing-aw-direct/internet/awdirectcom-awdirect-towing-aw-direct-MrFunnel-Fascist-international-customs-tarriff-849566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on awdirect.com awdirect towing aw direct