Complaint Review: Axiom Motors

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: Jan — Valrico Florida
Axiom Motors
329 E. Brandon Blvd.,Brandon,Florida Brandon, Florida USA

Axiom Motors Stuart A. Potter, General Manager Complete and total deceit and fraud, Brandon Florida

*Author of original report: Amazing but true!!

*Consumer Comment: So You Knew

In May 2013 I purchased a used Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from Axiom Motors. At the time of purchase I was told by the salesman that the check engine light was on but that the Jeep checked out fine. As I drove home, I noticed that the air didn't seem cool. My husband was driving behind me and said that the left brake light was out. The check engine light was on. I called the dealership, they said they would check it out.

So, I dropped the Jeep off. Check engine light was off when I picked it up, the brake light didn't work of course and the air wasn't cool. Shortly there after, I notice fluid on my garage floor. Oil and something red. I call them, they say to bring it in. They say they did something with the rear main seal and with the power steering.

A while later, the vehicle is still leaking fluid, the check engine light is on, the air is not cold and the vehicle won't start. I have it towed to them. They blame the issues on us, saying the ECM is blown because WE don't know how to jump a vehicle......they say they put a "new" one in and I pay $100.00 for my half. When I pick it up the check engine light was off, Drew, the G.M. (Stuart Andrew Potter) tells me that the check engine light is due to emissions anyway and nothing to worry about.

All the times the Jeep was "worked" on I asked for paperwork for my records, to date I have received nothing. So about a week or so later, the Jeep is completely dead. Has to be towed again. This time they (Drew) blame it on the radio so they disconnect the perfectly good radio and now I'm left with nothing. I had also complained about the continuing leaks on my garage floor and the A/C....and the check engine light is back on.

I took it to have the code checked: P0740, Torque Converter Clutch, not good. Also had the A/C checked as far as the freon and it was low.

I brought this to Drew's attention and dropped the Jeep off and in the meantime filed a complaint with the BBB. This angered Drew quite a bit.

When I picked the Jeep up Drew wouldn't speak to me. His mechanic had just pulled up with the Jeep and was looking beneath the vehicle when my husband and I pulled up, I guess to see if it was still dripping.

We have no idea what they allegedly did this time, BUT, there is still oil leaking, now I have NO A/C and the check engine light is on and the code today is P0740 again.

This place is a total ripoff, If I had done my homework before buying I would NEVER have bought from them.

I took the Jeep to a Jeep dealership and they say that the leak is the rear main seal.....The fact that I have NO A/C now but I had complained about it the first 3 months I owned this vehicle tells me that all they do is add a little freon and send you on your way.

They are the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Axiom-Motors/Brandon-Florida-33511/Axiom-Motors-Stuart-A-Potter-General-Manager-Complete-and-total-deceit-and-fraud-Brand-1090028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Axiom Motors

Amazing but true!!

AUTHOR: Jan - ()

As the individual was writing his rebuttal to my original report, I was awaiting the news regarding my A/C.

Well of course there is a leak, etc...the range in cost for repairs is from $215.15 for parts and labor, up to $779.24 for parts and labor. Do you think the thing just sprung a leak all of a sudden?

As for me purchasing the vehicle, I trusted Jonathan and Drew so shame on me. I didn't say anywhere in my original report that I did everything right but I sure do want other people to learn from my mistakes. I believe I said that I DIDN'T do my homework Jim.

So yes, this is amazing but I have been and am being ripped of, thus the Ripoff Report. Thanks for caring enough to post your rebuttal...

So You Knew

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

YOU saw the check engine light was "ON", not knowing what trouble code was stored, YOU bought the car anyway!  Knowing there were unknown problems with the car, why did you buy it???  Amazing!