Complaint Review: axiom research llc

• Updated: Mon, May 21, 2012

• Reported By: laurentay — Fayetteville Arkansas United States of America
axiom research llc
6121 Hollis street s.2 Emeryville, California United States of America

axiom research llc emeryville,ca Got a letter in the mail with a check for $1989.33 said to activate it online then deposit it which I did . $350 was my "pay" and then was supposed to withdraw the rest to do jobs with. Emeryville, California

*Consumer Comment: I hate this "company" with a passion

*Consumer Comment: Phony check scam.

I found out about this "job on another website that I trust. Because of the website in particular I figured that job postings were legit but apparently I was wrong. But I was interested in this because I needed work and just had a new baby. I answered some surveys online but didn't really think much about it. Then a couple weeks later I receive this check in the mail. The check was for $1989.33 it came with a letter that had instructions on how to activate it then you deposit it in your account  . Then I was to deduct $350.00 and that was my "pay" for answering the surveys then I was supposed to withdraw the rest and get online to do my next job. But I haven't gotten that far. After the check cleared or so I thought my bank put a hold on it. Found out about this from the bank when my debit card didn't work at the ATM .and I thought it was funny that it had been working been using it all day and now I can't get any money. So now since the bank caught this what do I do now?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/axiom-research-llc/Emeryville-California-94608/axiom-research-llc-emeryvilleca-Got-a-letter-in-the-mail-with-a-check-for-198933-said-884405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on axiom research llc

I hate this "company" with a passion

AUTHOR: sadgirl - (United States of America)

You're lucky it stopped at the atm! I did all my due diligence, google searched the shit out of the company name even finding an A- rating on the BB website, and now my bank account has been completely f'd. I'm lucky the bank worked with me. I HATE these people with a passion and hope karma delivers only the worst!

Phony check scam.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" . So now since the bank caught this what do I do now? "

Time to go have a talk with your bank manager.   If you're lucky and haven't spent any of the phony funds that you deposited, then the bank will reverse the deposit and you'll be back where you started.   If you can convince the manager that you were the unwitting victim of a scam, they might not close your account.

Didn't you think it was odd that some company that doesn't know you from any other anonymous entity on the Internet, would send you a valid check for nearly $2K?

They were hoping you would complete your "next job" before the bank figured out the check was phony.   The "next job" would have been to have you send a large chunk of untraceable cash through Western Union.

Good luck at the bank.