Complaint Review: backgroundchecks.com

• Reported By: chaudk — palo alto California
backgroundchecks.com
12770 Coit Road Dallas, Texas USA

backgroundchecks.com Deceptive Process Dallas Texas

This company advertises "instant" background checks.  I did one for myself because I wanted to see if a dismissed charge from many years ago was on my record.  However, once I went through the long process of completely and accurately entering all my information for many years, I received the message that they could not verify my identity.  Therefore, I needed to repeat the entire process, but on the phone or in writing.

While I understand that it may not be so easy to identify one's identity, I do not think that the product should be advertised as "instant" if in fact it is not.  If they could not verify my long and basically steady history, I suspect that this is true of most people who attempt to receive this service.  The reason that they do not give refunds  when they cannot instantly confirm identity is because it is because I believe that it is part of their business model; bait people with a service that appears to be very convenient and easy, and then switch it to one that is not either convenient or easy.

By the way, this is the first time I have ever filed a complaint on a company, and am also going to do so with the BBB, because I believe this to be such a blatant and purposeful ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2013 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/backgroundcheckscom/Dallas-Texas-75251/backgroundcheckscom-Deceptive-Process-Dallas-Texas-1080969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on backgroundchecks.com