Complaint Review: Backgroundchecks.com

• Submitted: Tue, November 05, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, November 05, 2013

• Reported By: McGinty — Cambridge Massachusetts
12770 Coit Road Suite 1150 Dallas, Texas USA

Backgroundchecks.com: BUYER BEWARE! Company hides behind ridiculous, fraudulent "No Refund Policy"! Dallas Texas

I was considering buying a background check through this company, and, in a moment of distraction while talking on the phone, I mistakenly hit the Purchase button when I really wanted to click off the page.

That's okay, I thought. I'll just contact the company and ask them the cancel the order. Not a problem.

So 30 seconds later I called Backgroundchecks.com's customer service line, and got an extremely rude male phone rep, who refused to cancel the order! He was odiously smug, as he continued repeating the ridiculous line that "They have a no refunds policy."

That's nice that they have this policy, but I was not asking for a "refund." I was asking them the cancel the order I had JUST PLACED. A refund would be what I would get if I received the background report and was not satisfied. In this case, the company had done no work for me whatsoever - the charge hadn't even posted to my credit card yet! Unbelievable.

I repeatedly asked to talk to a manager, and was told that "she's not here." I've never heard of a customer service team working completely unsupervised.

In every way this company is a complete scam. I am now filing a formal dispute over this charge with my credit card company. Backgroundchecks.com is not going to keep my money, oh heck no! A bunch of sheisters, this company. STAY AWAY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2013 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Backgroundcheckscom/Dallas-Texas-75251/Backgroundcheckscom-BUYER-BEWARE-Company-hides-behind-ridiculous-fraudulent-No-Refun-1097036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Backgroundchecks.com