Complaint Review: Badcock Home Furniture

• Submitted: Mon, November 12, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 12, 2007

• Reported By:buford Georgia
Badcock Home Furniture
4335 Mundy Mill RD Oakwood, Georgia U.S.A.

Badcock Home Furniture Paid off my furniture was gave handwritten receipts now the company says I still owe and the receipts are fakes! Oakwood Georgia

I paid off my furniture in July. The young man told me he could not accept a check because their system was down. So I went to the bank and had the check cashed. I later came back to the store and made to cash payments one for what I owed and the second amount was for the remainder. I was given a handwriiten receipt because the "system" was still down. A couple of weeks later I get a statement in the mail stating I still owned a remaining balance. I called the store and was told they would look into it, I never heard anything back. Everytime I called I was told a manager wasn't there to help me or there was no current manager. Every month there is someone new. Well this week Badcock came to my house at 9:30 at night stating they were repossing my couch for nonpayment. I told the man who was also the new manager that I had my receipts where I had paid in full. The man left and I later gave him copies of the receipts.

Today I received a call from the manager who said that my receipts would not work because they were not their company receipts, he also stated that the persons name who was on the receipt no longer worked there and thats not how he spelled his name. He said I had 3 options, they could come get my couch, I could make they payment, or we could go to court. I replied lets go to court. It's not my fault if they have a dishonest employee working for them and I should not be the person who has to suffer the consequences. I work hard for my money and don't have the money to pay them twice. I have made several attempts now to speak to the so called legal department but everytime I am told they are not available. So I guess I will have to wait for court papers to arrive.

buford, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2007 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Badcock-Home-Furniture/Oakwood-Georgia-30566/Badcock-Home-Furniture-Paid-off-my-furniture-was-gave-handwritten-receipts-now-the-company-284406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Badcock Home Furniture