Complaint Review: Bally Total Fitness

• Submitted: Mon, January 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 23, 2012

• Reported By: Jane — Los Angeles California United States of America
Bally Total Fitness
12440 East Imperial Highway, Suite 300 Norwalk, California United States of America

Bally Total Fitness Scam... Bally will renew your contract even if you don't want to, not give a refund, and string you along Norwalk, California

Do not join Bally gym.

I paid an annual renewal fee.  At the end of  year, I decided not renew my membership with Bally because I have found that the gym is dirty and musty; furthermore, the gym does not provide enough parking for the number of members it has.  Each time I go, members are driving in circles over and over looking for a spot.

However, Bally went ahead and charged the fee to my credit card. I called to cancel and get a refund for that amount.  I have a detailed phone record of the dates, times, and people I spoke with at Bally.  Each person said that I would get a refund in a few days.  I've been waiting over a year and have yet to see my refund.  Clearly each person I spoke with was lying.

Bally owes me nearly $200.  Please--DO NOT join this gym at any cost.  The facilities are subpar and the company's practices are dishonest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bally-Total-Fitness/Norwalk-California-90650/Bally-Total-Fitness-Scam-Bally-will-renew-your-contract-even-if-you-dont-want-to-not-827246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally Total Fitness