Complaint Review: Bally's Total Fitness

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 23, 2008

• Reported By:Waterford Michigan
Bally's Total Fitness
6420 Telegraph Rd Bloomfield Hills, Michigan U.S.A.

Bally's Total Fitness Bally's aiding criminals in identity theft by allowing thieves to enter secured locker areas to steal from you! Bloomfield Hills Michigan

Warning to all Bally's members:

Bally's Total Fitness personnel are allowing criminals to enter the building and access to their locker rooms.
Once the thieves have entered the locker rooms, they remove your lock and steal your personal belongings, including your wallet and keys to your car!

According to the Novi and Bloomfield Hills Police Department-Bally's has had this exact same crime happen at several of their locations in MI, including Bloomfield Hills, Novi (2 times in 48 hours) and the Briarwood facilities.

However, Bally's continues to refuse to warn their member of this very targeted criminal activity.

The criminals who stole my personal belongings from my locker and vehicle then went on a nationwide spending spree with credit cards, bank info etc., in excess of $23k in damages.

The Bloomfield Hills police and Novi Police both have their detectives working on the cases at this time but have little to go on.

Managers at each location have not yet ruled out the potential of this being an inside job and continue to refuse to install any security provisions which may have thwarted this criminal activity!

I am aware of two attorneys presently preparing suit against Bally's for violation of it's members rights to privacy and jeopardizing it's member's safety.

Bally's refuses to do the "Right Thing" and reimburse their members for any losses associated with these crimes committed in their clubs. I am sure they will exhaust tens of thousands of dollars in attorney fees to defend that which they are already guilty of.

Bally's is sending a clear message to their members- They do not care to protect the very asset which continues to keep them in business, their members!

Dlh
Waterford, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2008 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ballys-Total-Fitness/Bloomfield-Hills-Michigan-48302/Ballys-Total-Fitness-Ballys-aiding-criminals-in-identity-theft-by-allowing-thieves-to-en-311306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally's Total Fitness

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Have been going to gyms for 28 years. EVERY gym I've ever gone to, has had a problem with people breaking into lockers. They're just soo many lowlife scumbags out there. I learned a long time ago NOT to take ANYTHING of value into ANY gym. Last year I went to the new gold's at Bandera and 1604 and some lowlife stole my frickkin' TOWEL, A TOWEL. What kind of lowlife steals a towel? Leave your valuables locked in your trunk or under your seat. A vehicle is much harder to break into then a locker and a vehicle, out in the parking lot is observed much better then a vacant locker room, except for a theft. I always wonder why the cops never can figure out who's ripping people off since they know who's going into the locker rooms and when.

A month ago, I went into the shower to rinse off before sitting in the hot tub for a couple of minutes. In the five minutes between the shower and getting back to the locker room, someone hit a half a dozen lockers, cutting off the locks and going through the lockers,stealing whatever was valuable. That's some quick work and nobody saw a thing.

#2 Consumer Suggestion