Complaint Review: Balsam Hill, LLC

• Updated: Mon, December 23, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Grand Prairie Texas
Balsam Hill, LLC
50 Woodside Plz STE 111 Redwood City, CA, Select State/Province USA

Balsam Hill, LLC Thomas Harman, Founder and CEO Received inoperable tree, was told I'd have to wait for a decision, told to donate, refuse to refund my money. Redwood City, California

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Balsam Hill

*Consumer Comment: Here's a link to their return policy....don't think it will help you much, though,,,

Purchased a tree. It arrived not working. They won't pay to return and won't replace it. Now I have a broken tree. I want a complete refund.
This order was placed Nov. 4th.The order number is:
245079

The tree in question, that arrived in non-working status, is the following tree:

5023876 Pinehurst Spruce Instant Evergreen 7.5' High 56" Wide Clear Lights
1 $649.00 $649.00
^ 100 Tree storage bag(s)
1 $0.00 $0.00
In many previous years, I've ordered from this company and have always been very pleased. It's a shame that I no longer feel this way because of how I was/wasn't treated on the phone when I called to get a replacement sent. I've now been told I have to wait 24-48 hours, well I have waited and I made another call at the end of the first 48 hours, and I was told I have to wait even longer this time.

I was told I have to wait from 2:30pm November 14, until Monday (sometime), November 18th. This is unacceptable. I asked about returning the tree and I am told that if I do want to return it, I have to pay $50.00 for shipping this garbage back. I feel that if I receive something NOT working, I shouldn't have to pay 1 cent for anything, and should be given my hard earned money back.

I am requesting and expecting the return shipment to be paid for by Balsam Hill, and I am requesting that my refund be for the TOTAL amount charged to my credit card.

I received a phone call today from Balsam Hill, stating that they NO LONGER have this tree in stock and that they are NOT willing to give me my money back.

They cannot provide the tree that I ordered, and I have asked for a refund and they absolutely refuse to refund my money in the amount of 649.00.

I want my money back. A different tree is not acceptable, nor is some other merchandise in place of what I ordered.

I feel that they are stealing from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Balsam-Hill-LLC/Redwood-City-CA-Select-StateProvince-94061-2500/Balsam-Hill-LLC-Thomas-Harman-Founder-and-CEO-Received-inoperable-tree-was-told-Id-ha-1109472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Balsam Hill, LLC

Response from Balsam Hill

AUTHOR: Alice - ()

I apologize for the experience you've received so far from our customer service team. I have found your order and have been working with our support team to help resolve your concerns.  Kindly expect an email from us concerning a resolution for you.  Thank you.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()