Buyers Beware: PUT EVERYTHING in writing when dealing with Rafal and Baltic Windows. Rafal is the son of the owner and has been put in charge of overall operations. The list of transgressions starts like this:
- you assumed they will leave you with cleaned windows after the installation. Apparently not. Its not written in the contract!
- you expect quality product: dents and bents and butchered trims are the norm
- you are told it will only take three days but it took 3 weeks.
- because you entered into a deferred payment plan, the financing company would have paid Baltic out so there's no leverage you have and they don't have to complete what they promised -- so Rafal will stick it to you.
- they then set expectations outside of the contract which they can't deliver, never intended to for e.g., we can make arrangements with one of their installers who can paint the trims for inexpensively. NOT. The installer's day job is installing windows. Not interested in trim jobs and besides Rafa schedules them quickly to the next job and the next job....meanwhile you live in a fishbowl 'coz you thought you didn't have to make your own arrangements for painting. Now all the painters for the summer are on other jobs.
- you raise all these outstanding issues and Rafal decides his ego is hurt, he's bent over backwards, pounds his chest, flex his muscles and tells you the customer to stick it.
Unfortunately for Rafal, his attention to details is non-existent.
So future windows buyers -- BEWARE when doing business with Baltic and regardless of who sells you the windows, Rafal is the man running the show and will end up ruining your project. All we wanted was quality work and product for the price we paid.