Complaint Review: Bandfield Pet Hospital

• Updated: Wed, April 16, 2014

• Reported By: kari — south plainfield New Jersey
Bandfield Pet Hospital
111 Nassau Park Blvd princeton, New Jersey USA

Bandfield Pet Hospital My puppy was Rx RIMADYL that almost killed him princeton New Jersey

On February 28th, 2014 my 7 months old puppy was neutered and was prescribed the medication RIMADYL 25mg (.05 daily) Doctors at Princeton banfield were aware that my puppy was very sensitive to medications and before his procedure I expressed my concerns with the physician about post medication and she assured me that he will be fine.  Next morning after his surgery, I was to give him his first dosage of RIMADYL and after 35 minutes her began to throw up and it continued every 30-40 mins.  After the Second time I contacted Banfield and I was told that the Doctor did not get in until 9am.  I asked If I could take him because he didn't look well?. The receptionist said that I would have to wait for the doctor to make that decision.  He threw up for the Third time, and consequently he had bloody diarrhea. I was frantic and called back Banfield and told the receptionist I was driving my dog there to be seen. She again stated that the doctor is not yet,but when she heard me crying she said to go in.  Doctor basically ignored my puppy's symptoms and made it seems as if it was normal reaction to med.  She was released home with FIVE different medications, which it was more money out of pocket. Also, before this awful inccident he was given a vaccine that he not not yet due and doctors excuse was that the previous doctor put in the wrong code in the system, but not to worry because now he had more protection. I found his answer tro be absurd and irresponsible.  As soon as his puppy membership is done I will take him to a private vet.   It has been a nightmare and a bad expirience for my dog and myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bandfield-Pet-Hospital/princeton-New-Jersey-08543/Bandfield-Pet-Hospital-My-puppy-was-Rx-RIMADYL-that-almost-killed-him-princeton-New-Jerse-1139257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bandfield Pet Hospital