Complaint Review: Banfield Pet Hospitol

Banfield Pet Hospitol
8000 Tillamook, PO Box 13998, portland, Oregon USA

Banfield Pet Hospitol Faulty Billing Practices portland Oregon

*Consumer Comment: Watch out

Dec 5th my bank sent Banfield a check for $64, for my Wellness Plan bill. On Mar 5th Banfield returned the check sent to them on 5 Dec, for reasons unkown to me.  In April I receive a call from their collections company stating that I had a check returned for nonsufficient funds.  I contested this with them and the rep told me to call Banfield billing.  I called them and they stated that my account was current with no over due payments. I called the collection company back asked them to get their facts straight with Banfield as my account was current.  A month later the collection company calls and says I must pay the NSF charge as they had made the payment for me when my check didn't clear.  After an intensive arguement, I paid the collections company for the $64 and their fee, an additional 29.95.

In Apr a check was returned that was made in January. In Aug another check is returned from Banfield for May.  I made it a point to make my August payment in person and was informed that I had a NSF charge for the payment made in May. During this time time I was repeatedly assured by the local Banfield employess that my account was in good standing, in fact it was paid up through Jul.  I cannot lay blame to the local employees as they can only see what their computer shows them.  At no point during this entire period was my bank account ever low enough to cause an NSF charge, in fact my balance was in the thousands.  The billing department cannot or will not explain why they sent the checks back.  They point the finger at the company they use to cash incoming payments (collections company) and that company points the finger at them.  Their bad billing practices border on fraudulent and have made me look for a new vet.  After this contract is up, my pets will have a new vet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banfield-Pet-Hospitol/portland-Oregon-97213/Banfield-Pet-Hospitol-Faulty-Billing-Practices-portland-Oregon-1072931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banfield Pet Hospitol

Watch out

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You need to watch out for their "auto renewal" system. You also need to cancel their service in advance! Read their contract or term of service as soon as possible. Someone has already complaint about their cancellation system before. I believe you need to cancel the server a month before the service ends. The company practice is really bad for customers.