Complaint Review: bank of America

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank of America Ridiculous Fee lakeland Florida

*Consumer Comment: You are misguided..

*Author of original report: Makes Sense, Except

*General Comment: So...

I asked the local branch of Bank of America to replace my debit card because the magnetic strip had worn down through frequent use.  The bank officer was polite and said she would take care of it.

My new card came a few days later, along with a $5.00 replacement fee charged to my account.  I was not advised there would be a fee.  My card was not lost or stolen.  It was just worn out.

Now I have a couple of choice.  Quit using the debit card so much, which affords me the luxury of not bothering a teller.  Continue trying to use a worn out card with defecive magnetic strip.  Or change banks.

Ridiculous that I should pay a fee for using my card too much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bank-of-America/lakeland-Florida-33813/Bank-of-America-Ridiculous-Fee-lakeland-Florida-1125376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bank of America

You are misguided..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all if they reversed the fee that is good and I am glad for you.  BUT then why would you come here post a RipOff Report BEFORE you even give them a chance to "make it right"?  Or did you and just "forgot" to put that little bit of information in your post the first time?

Fourth, I'm not responsible for hundreds of thousands of homes in foreclosure, and I didn't reap millions of dollars because of shoddy loans.

- What does that have to do with anything in your post?

paid millions for activities in violation of legal regulations.

Again what does that have to do with ANYTHING?   So are you saying that since you haven't paid as many "fines" as a company you are entitled to free things.  I guess since McDonalds and Walmart has been sued many times you can just walk into the store and go ahead and take what ever you want for free?..After all that is what you are saying right?

Again, I am not saying that the charge is right or wrong.  But they do have that right to charge a fee, and even though they reversed it does not mean that they admited they are wrong.  You can also expect that if you "wear out" the next card that they may not be as willing to reverse the fee the 2nd time.

Oh and as an FYI I have a debit card from another bank that I use constantly...and while it may not "look" new it works just fine after almost 2 years.

Makes Sense, Except

AUTHOR: rpm633 - ()

First of all, it isn't my card. It's the bank's.  That's what the fine print on the back of the card says.

Second, every time I use it, I generate money for the bank through merchant fees.

Third, the money in my account earns the bank additional money through loans and other re-sale instruments.

Lastly, in my lifetime I've paid less than $500 in fines for illegal activity (traffic), while my bank has paid millions for activities in violation of legal regulations.

Oh, and BTW, when I pointed it out to them, my bank agreed that the charge was unwarranted, and reversed it.

So that leaves only you, defending the poor little banks against greedy customers like me.

#3 General Comment

So...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

So what YOU are saying is that YOU shouldnt have to eat the costs of replacing YOUR card that YOU have worn out. Why would you expect the bank to eat these costs? Its highly unrealistic of YOU to blame them for charging you for a replacment. It doesnt matter if it was stolen or just worn out. ITS STILL A REPLACMENT!!!! EVERYTHING cost MONEY somewhere and someway. Quit your BS and grow the hell up. And just so you dont think YOUR bank is the only villian. EVERY BANK DOES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Now lets address YOUR ignorance shall we.

1. The card itself has to be produced.

2. The new card has to be entered into the national system so YOU can shop around the country.

3. The machine that heat prints YOUR name and number on the card costs money to USE.

4. The time and effort that just goes into the replacment process itself.

5. Postage and handling.

It would seem to me that YOUR critical thinking skills are VERY LACKING and that COMMON SENSE truly is a super power in your world. Given all those instances, you would still complain that the 5$ fee is TOO much. Its dumb consumers like yourself that really worry me. How can you NOT think the situation through. YOUR card, YOU overused it, YOU have to pay to get it replaced. Seems cut and dry to me but hey Im not the cheapskate deadbeat that you appear to be. They DID give free cards but they were loseing too much money to replace cards due to the customer inability to take care of said card. They had to charge for it simply because consumers such as yourself think of nothing BUT themselves. They wouldnt be in business to handle you account if they just kept giving money away. And yes you were told about the fee, you just ignored it thinking it was a buck or two.

Good try at trying to play the victim, but all you have shown the web is that youre just not that bright and your a self entitled little twit. GOOD JOB!!!