Complaint Review: bank of america

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 14, 2014

• Reported By: barbara beardsley brandt — ewing township New Jersey United States of America
bank of america
seattle, washington seattle, Washington United States of America

bank of america countrywide Conversion Mortgage Hustle seattle, Washington

*Author of original report: Please correct information

This information pertains to a 2008 mortgage previously said to be 2009.  This is incorrect.  The person selling the mortgage was an employee of another bank in 2007.  That information was supplied to me in 2012.   The appraisal was wrong. The set aside was not included.  And the house did not meet what is described on line as acceptable for an FHA loan.  The details are long and involved but today I read that finally someone has investigated and determined that the Countrywide Bank engaged in a scheme called "The Hustle"  I had long wondered what the point was for the broker to tell me so many lies and for the appraiser to submit a non-FHA appraisal to Countrywide Bank. Finally someone has looked into this and maybe the Department of Justice will care what happened to those of us that used our equity to fix our houses because the broker said we could get more equity if we did that.  That was a lie and the entire reason to take the loan was to fix the house for me.  The broker had an answer for everything.  No set aside?  Why not I asked? Because you have a house you already own and the standards by Fannie Mae are different for you.  I want to know if Fannie Mae participated in this.  No one should tell any one of any age falsehoods to get them to take a loan.  People my age make decisions based on the information that we are given by the representatives of banks.  When that information is false, our lives can be ruined.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/bank-of-america/seattle-Washington-/bank-of-america-countrywide-Conversion-Mortgage-Hustle-seattle-Washington-961723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on bank of america

Please correct information

AUTHOR: barbara beardsley brandt - ()

If you are going to post my original report on a search engine for Countrywide, it should not include photos of my home and it should not be changed into someone elses facs and words.  I have no objection to reporting my own report but I do object to the changes you have made on what I wrote.  Since I intend to give information and a copy of the contract, letters from broker, and the appraisal and even a false claims letter that followed a conversation afte 2010 (so that the real conversation was recorded by law and can be reviewed by the CFPB to see just how far Bank of America will go to intimidate and humiliate a customer) I think it is important that you stick to the dates and info you received.  What is the point in changing it and then showing photos of my home? Bad practice by your company.