Complaint Review: Bank Of America

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank Of America Shady closure of Banking account Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Not much you can do.

Approximately two weeks ago to the date of this report, I opened a bank account with Bank Of America.. I was ecstatic about getting an account with one of the nations largest financial institutions. I received my debit card, and made my first deposit via their snap shot of a check feature for your cell phone. I was amazed at how fast they processed my check, especially since I had JUST opened the account. Most banks make you wait some odd amount of days before your checks show up the next business day. It took me several days notice in order to get my payroll processor to set up my direct deposit. My first check went in today.. I checked my balance and everything was in the positive as it should have been because I had not used my card but maybe 3 times.

Today, I went to make my car payment with the debit card. I was declined.. The Rep tried once more to no avail and advised me yet again I was declined. In the back of my head I was thinking there is no possible way my card could be declining, not with my check going in the account today. So after a humiliating discussion with him, I made a call to Bank of America. The prompts advised me of my current balance.. My heart sunk as it told me I was negative $800,000.. Yes, you read that correctly.. I was as shocked as you are to probably read it. I knew something was immediatley wrong so I got customer service on the phone a.s.a.p. After a very brief explanation of what issues I was having to the rep, she told me I needed to contact their risk management department. She provided with their number of 877-240-6886 option 2. Once I got to the prompts on this number, option 2 was for "closures".. I thought to myself, "this really can't be happening". The next rep answered the phone. I provided all neccessary information. I didn't hesitate to abruptly say the negative balance to him that the prompts gave me previously.. He told me "sir, that is not any money owed to the bank, it is something we do when we are closing an account". When I asked him why my account was closed, he told me due to a report by some telechex system. I was absolutely furious and asked him why they are JUST NOW closing the account, and again he told me the same thing.. He had no real answers as to why they waited soo long. The guy was very rude and unprofessional and I get that clearly I am no longer a customer, however the attitude the young man had was not something I was expecting from this company. When I inquired as to why they did not contact me in any form (e-mail, phone, mail), he said that "it is in the disclosure that you electronically signed, and it is our policy that we do not make contact with you to alert of this situation". He told me that he could send out a certified check with my funds, however he could not transfer them to another account, wire, etc. This money is all I have to live on for the next two weeks.. I am not sure how I am going to eat, pay for my bills that need paid STAT, etc. I am completely distressed and under such great pressure at this moment, I feel as though I may burst.. For any and all Attorneys reading this.. Do you feel there is a legal step I could take? Any information would help me.. Thank you kindly!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America/Tampa-Florida-33622/Bank-Of-America-Shady-closure-of-Banking-account-Tampa-Florida-1059233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America

Not much you can do.

AUTHOR: Knightly - ()

" For any and all Attorneys reading this.. Do you feel there is a legal step I could take? Any information would help me.. "

I am not an attorney, but I don't think one needs to be to read the account agreement.   All banks are pretty much the same in this respect.    If they find out adverse information on you (like a bad Telecheck report) the bank has the option of closing the account.

" I was absolutely furious and asked him why they are JUST NOW closing the account, and again he told me the same thing.. He had no real answers as to why they waited soo long. "

Your objection seems to be that it took two weeks to get the Telecheck report and decide on account closure.   Realize that a bank can do this at any time.  If the report had showed up 2 months from now, the same thing would happen.    If you think that getting through the initial process would somehow make you immune to account closure, you were mistaken.

The best advice would be that if you know you have a black mark on your banking record, do not keep all of your money in a bank.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC