Complaint Review: Bankcard Empire

• Reported By:Snyder Texas
Bankcard Empire
5028 S. Ash Ave. #107 Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Bankcard Empire Misrepresented home based business opportunity. Tempe Arizona
*UPDATE: Rip-off Report INVESTIGATION UPDATE: US Postal Inspectors close down Bankcard Empire. Bankcard Empire Suspended From Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program Tempe, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I was approached, by this comapny too!

*Consumer Comment: Bankcard Empire

*Consumer Comment: I had a similar experience

*Author of original report: Bank Card Empire Scam

Bankcard Empire misrepresented a home based business opportunity, which consists of an affiliate program where I was charged a fee of $95.00. I was told that I could make $500.00 for signing up new businesses that purchase or lease a credit/debit card terminal. I was told I could do this by contacting new businesses and referring them to Bankcard Empire. For every new account I referred I was to receive residual income from these referrals too.

After about a month wait now I have yet to get this business off the ground because what they didn't tell me was that in order to get this business to work you have to purchase very high priced advertising packages which consist of what they refer to as Call Blasts. A representative with Bankcard Empire called me and tried to persuade me to buy 6,000 call blasts at $2.00 each. Oh yeah I'm sure I am going to shell out $12,000 so this company can bombard people with unsolicited calls that most people hang up on when receiving anyway!

Their next attempt at trying to scam me was trying to get me to shell out $400.00 for a list of new businesses that their so called experts had researched. I tried to explain to the people that were calling me that I was going to try and get this going on my own. I requested some sales materials and guides to use and that I could not afford these high priced advertising programs, well I have never received anything! I communicated with them via email explaining my situation and requested a refund of my original $95.00 investment.

Today I received a call and the guy said you are not getting your money back! I tried my best to persuade him but the arrogant Quality Control Man just ended up hanging up on me! Real Stand Up Guy! Hopefully by my reporting this here I can help some other honest person trying to make some money avoid being scammed like I was.

John Snyder, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2008 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bankcard-Empire/Tempe-Arizona-85282/Bankcard-Empire-Misrepresented-home-based-business-opportunity-Tempe-ArizonaUPDATE-Rip--296514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bankcard Empire

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I was approached, by this comapny too!

AUTHOR: Chuan K - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted by Bankcard Empire regarding their business opportunity. I was told that I could be a representative for the company for a one-time fee of $495 and that I could make $500 for every business that I referrred to the company that purchased their credit card processing equipment. This company contacted me! at 7am on Aug 25th. So, On Aug26th, they charged $495.00. And I disputed the charges from UBS, they rebutted rgw 495.00 charge back, and lost. Because, I was building a case to sue them.

Bankcard Empire

AUTHOR: Ceci - (U.S.A.)

Thanks alot John, your report has help me alot. Just about an hour ago I go a call about being a authorized merchant agent, from bankcard empire. He was very nice and all, and pushing, trying to get me to sign up, if I did not, how I would be missing this great opportunity. I told him, yes I would love to get this going, but to hold on, because I wanted to do my own research, as I was burned before...(something about stuffing envelopes at home) but that is another scam story. However the person was a bit concerned, and hesitated as they gave me more information. Any way, I google this company and that is how I found your report and all the others. This people have to be stopped. Look how many poor people got scammed. I could not believe my eyes, everything you mention on your report, they said. I urge everyone that out there, first do your homework and if you are not comfortable, then pass it on..even they will try hard to get your money. It is easier to hung up the phone and be rude to them, then get rip-off at the end.
Thank you once again John, your report has helped. I am sorry you lost your money. Hope some how you get it back. But know you are helping others with your report.

I had a similar experience

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

I was contacted by Bankcard Empire regarding their business opportunity. I was told that I could be a representative for the company for a one-time fee of $495 and that I could make $500 for every business that I referrred to the company that purchased their credit card processing equipment. Also, I could receive residuals based on a percentage of the transaction fees.

I was told that their processing fees were 1.75 % compared to 2-2 1/2% charged by other companies, and they would beat or match the client's current company's fees. I told them I wanted to check out their website to learn about the company and what they provided and to call me back.

They called me back on three occasions. The first time they offered to reduce the fee to $395; the second time to $295; the third time to $195. I suppose the next call would have been $95. However, after reading your comments and others I've decided not to get involved.

Thanks

George
Houston TX

Bank Card Empire Scam

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Still have not received one iota of material from Bank Card Empire and it has now been well over a month since being scammed out of my original sign up fee of $95.00! Spoke with Quality Control Rep. he said they were not going to refund my money and that if I tried to get my credit card company to reverse the charges they would provide paperwork to get the money returned to them. I haven't contacted my credit card company yet but I will ASAP!
Please do not fall for these scumbags sales pitch like I did!!!