Complaint Review: Bar None Auctions

• Updated: Wed, January 29, 2014

• Reported By: Will — Live Oak California
Bar None Auctions
2440 Gold River Rd Suite 200, Rancho Cordova, CA Rancho Cordova, California USA

Bar None Auctions Bar None Not Up To Par and Charges For Expenses Not in Contract. Sacramento California

*Author of original report: Small Claims Court Victory

I consigned 6 power buggies (large winches used in road and bridge construction) and controller trailer. Jason T gave me a appraisal of $8000-$12000 each. He said that Bar None would transport them to the auction yard in a day or two. He made it sound like Bar None would cover transportation cost since they expected to bring big dollar at the auction. There was nothing in the contract about me paying for transportation. he said, they would be advertised for about a week including photos but they picked them up about a week later and put the photos up the day before the auction. Three brought $500.00 each, 3 brought $750.00 each and the trailer brought $100.00.

When I received my check it was $900.00 short because they charged me for third party trucking expenses. There was nothing in the contract about me paying for transportation cost so I contacted Jason and talked with his boss Tom but they weren't even willing to split the cost.

I later talked with a Tina Wilson ( Business Developement) and she passed it on to upper management but I never heard anything back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2013 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bar-None-Auctions/Rancho-Cordova-California-95670/Bar-None-Auctions-Bar-None-Not-Up-To-Par-and-Charges-For-Expenses-Not-in-Contract-Sacram-1093185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bar None Auctions

Small Claims Court Victory

AUTHOR: Will - ()

I talked with Tom Cook and Merrill Atwater regarding their company charging me for transportation of equipment to their auction yard. The salesman Jason Thomas made it was being done as a free courtesy to get my business but then charged me $900 for transportation.

I offered to split it $450/$450 since it wasn't in the contract and I believe it was fair.

I sued Bar None Auction in small claims court and was awarded $450 plus cost $225 = $675.00 which I believe was a fair judgement.