Complaint Review: barclaycard

• Updated: Wed, May 25, 2011

• Reported By: Lisa — Mooresville North Carolina USA
barclaycard
P.O. Box 8802 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

barclaycard US Airways Dividend Miles barclaycard running a scam. Benefits of card never received despite endless phone calls! Wilmington, Delaware

In 8/10, I signed up for a US Airways Dividend Miles World Premier Mastercard.  Although, there was an $89 annual fee associated with the card, I was excited by the added benefits i.e. two US airways companion passes, zone 2 check-in etc.  These benefits were suppose to arrive in the form of a welcome kit, 6 to 8 weeks after I received the card.  The welcome kit never arrived.  I have made countless phone calls to barclaycard, but am yet to receive the kit.  The call center is in the Philllipines and the operators are poorly trained and totally detached from the company.  Every time I call, they state that "the kit is in the mail!"  They finally gave me a companion pass certificate number over the phone.  When I tried to use it with US Airways, I was told it was an invalid no. and was missing the resource no.  When I called back the call center in the Philllipines, they didn't even know what a resource no. was.  I finally asked to speak with a supervisor in the US.  They quickly transferred me over to an operator in the US.  She apologized for the situation and told me she would have my case investigated.  I was told to expect a call within 48 hours.  That call never came!  I again called the US call center and was told to expect a call from an executive within 48 hours.  Again, that call never came.  I reported this situation to US Airways, but have received no response.  This is the most pathetic service I have ever received from a credit card company.  I cannot help but think that barclaycard is running a scam!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2011 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/barclaycard/Wilmington-Delaware-19899-8802/barclaycard-US-Airways-Dividend-Miles-barclaycard-running-a-scam-Benefits-of-card-never-733222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on barclaycard