Complaint Review: Barka Hajaoui

• Updated: Sat, August 24, 2013

• Reported By: Nancy — Bainbridge Island Washington
Barka Hajaoui
2 rue du Cheval Vert Montpellier, Select State/Province France

Barka Hajaoui Reserved apartment not available, rented to someone else, refused to refund deposit Montpellier France

I reserved a Homeaway apartment in Montpellier for this June, paid a deposit of 270 Euros and planned to stay there for three weeks.  When the I got to the city, the apartment had been rented to someone else.  I was offered a far inferior one, outside of the old city.

I rejected this apartment and asked for my deposit back.  The owner has refused to answer my emails and never returned my deposit.

The apartment was totally unsuitable, in an unsafe part of town and in a dingy, ill equipt building. I was attending a conference and had to find alternate accommodation immediately, which I did, but at a higher cost, since I was desperate.

This man owns several places in Montpellier.  They are Homeaway 686120, 1014013, and 895525.  I strongly recommend you have nothing to do with these listings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Barka-Hajaoui/Montpellier-Select-StateProvince-34000/Barka-Hajaoui-Reserved-apartment-not-available-rented-to-someone-else-refused-to-refund-1078753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Barka Hajaoui