Complaint Review: BaseCamp Events

• Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By: worksforatool — Salt Lake City Utah
BaseCamp Events
9875 S 500 W Sandy, Utah USA

BaseCamp Events AKA Run or Dye Money grubbing boss cheats employees of overtime pay Sandy Utah

*Consumer Comment: Cheaters?

*Author of original report: cheaters?

*Consumer Comment: Be concerned

*Author of original report: Would like to know more...

*Consumer Comment: Refute those comments

*UPDATE Employee: Best job I have ever had.

*UPDATE Employee: Correction

I've worked for this employer for several months now. I have not once been paid out any overtime pay. The owner of the company refuses to pay out overtime. He also changes the commission and pay structure all the time. There have been times when he has changed the pay after timesheets have been turned in because he just decided he didn't want to pay it that way. Employees are not finding out about the change in pay until we receive our paychecks and see that they have been short paid. The owner is also very inappropriate and should be sued for sexual harassment. He has made sexual comments, gestures, and had coworkers kiss for photoshoots. He is an all around tool. You don't want to work for this guy. He also has a reort against him for his other company ZipSmart.com. Look it up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BaseCamp-Events/Sandy-Utah-84070/BaseCamp-Events-AKA-Run-or-Dye-Money-grubbing-boss-cheats-employees-of-overtime-pay-Sandy-1052277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BaseCamp Events

Cheaters?

AUTHOR: John Doe - ()

I don't know but I think that's a big possibility. I do know that one of the people I'm talking about has disabled kids and he leaves them and his disabled wife. Everyone likes this guy and would never even think he does what he does. It is shocking that they let him be a "director" and be out there with kids and abused women when he can't even have a foster kid of his own because of his own record and the trouble he is in now. He is wanted any the law and they know this and keep sending him out of the state and out of the country. I think everyone should let this company know how they feel about letting this guy near their women and children. I think that this company is wrong for employing someone like this and helping him get out of the state and country when he has charges against him right now! (That's not what he was already found guilty of by dcfs). No one that I know will support this company because of this. His wife is really small also. She is under 100 pounds. It's sad that people get away with things like this.

cheaters?

AUTHOR: curious - ()

When you say run out on families.... you mean? And for the State charges?. ..sex offenders?

Be concerned

AUTHOR: John Doe - ()

Yes! You should be concerned. The owner of that company knows about this and refuses to do anything about it. The owner just doesn't want to fire his buddies.

Would like to know more...

AUTHOR: curious - ()

To the person who knows the two men... I would like to more regarding the circumstances. Not coming at you. Just curious to know if I should be concerned.

Refute those comments

AUTHOR: John Doe - ()

I know those two men personally who wrote those last two comments. They don't know what they are talking about at all. They both like to run away from their own responsibility and one of them has some really bad legal things going on with himself and his kids and wife and the law.

All they are trying to do is make the creepy owner look good so they can keep running out on their own families. This company is a joke. All of these creepy old men think it's okay to go in and travel with 20 year old females. They are gross. The one guy should never be around kids with what the state has found him guilty of. Get a grip and act your age. Some news reporters should really dive into this. No one wants to see this. No one wants to be stiffed either.

Best job I have ever had.

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I have worked for Basecamp Events for the last 3 months, and I can honestly say that my experience has been extremely positive. The owner can run things in a bit of an unorthodox manner, but this is almost to be expected when working for a start up like this one. My paychecks have also been straight forward, arrived on time, and been for the amount promised. I am sorry to whomever had a bad experience, but I can't help but feel there was some sort of misunderstanding, because the owner of the company is a friendly and level headed guy. I haven't taken part in any of the photo shoots, but I know that the people who kissed in them were not forced to do so from accounts I have heard.

Correction

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I have worked with and for this owner for 5 years. He has always treated me more than fairly and with much generosity. I was on that photo shoot and at no point was anyone forced to do anything. We discussed what would look good for the project and a couple people volunteered for a simple kiss.