Complaint Review: basiccarparts.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 25, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 25, 2010

• Reported By: Abhi — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
basiccarparts.com
3650 Millhaven Rd. Monroe, LA 71203 Internet, Louisiana United States of America

basiccarparts.com Basic Your Best Buy, Inc. Sold Engine with water, cannot contact now Internet, Louisiana

BASICCARPARTS.COM IS THE WORST COMPANY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

Here is my complaint to the better business bureau:

After my 2004 Toyota 4Runner broke down, I was given a quote for a used engine with allegedly ~6,000 miles on it with only a valve cover that needed replacement. After receiving the part, there were 2 other fixes not initially described by BasicCarParts to replace the main wiring harness and swapping of the oil pan. This left me with ~$600 labor cost beyond the $2100 for just the engine swap from my mechanic at AAMCO transmission. During the oil pan swap, water and sludge was found within the engine and the engine was noted to be nonfunctional. The mechanic also claimed that this engine could not possibly have 6,000 miles on it with this kind of wear and tear. He also said that the sludge indicated that someone was trying to hide the age of this engine and the condition it was it. I called BasicCarParts immediately under the person who had sold me the engine, Nic Oakes. It took him from that Thursday that my mechanic sent in the pictures to his email until 2 weeks after to return the dozens of phone calls I left. The manager, Shaun Lane, also did not respond to any of the emails or phone calls left to him or the company. I spoke with several representatives who said that Nic was sick - FOR TWO WEEKS???- and that they were prevented from seeing the account because they were not the primary ones responsible for it. When Nic finally called, he said he never received any pictures and wanted to talk to my mechanic. It has been another week and I have not heard anything from Nic Oakes or Basic Car Parts and I have been charged for $2300 + $100 for the engine and repair valve from Basic Car Parts and $2700 from AAMCO for the attempted repair. My order number through basiccarparts is 214192 and the email address for Nic is nic@basiccarparts.com.

I need the engine picked up from AAMCO to prevent any charges there and I want my $2300 + $100 back for the engine and valve that they can have back on their own dime. I also want $2700 from BasicCarParts for the unnecessary labor that was incurred because they sold me an engine that was not as advertised - age, mileage, damage. I also want my 2 months back that I've wasted waiting for my car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/basiccarpartscom/Internet-Louisiana-71203/basiccarpartscom-Basic-Your-Best-Buy-Inc-Sold-Engine-with-water-cannot-contact-now-Int-655115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on basiccarparts.com