Complaint Review: Bathfitters

• Reported By: Mike — Bayville New Jersey United States of America
Bathfitters
Main Street, Forked River, NJ Forked River, New Jersey United States of America

Bathfitters defective workmanship, not repaired Forked River, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Have you tried their corporate offices?

We used bathfitters to retrofit our upstairs bathroom.  This was about a year ago.  Shortly thereafter we notice one portion of the enclosure was separating from the wall.  At that time we called bathfitters and they came back and fixed that portion that was separating.

Fast forward now about a year, we suffered a particularly hot summer and one day I notice an entire wall of the enclosure was separating from the wall itself.

The person in the office sounded highly confused when speaking to us and told us someone would visit on a Friday two weeks in the future.  A few days later someone from Bathfitters shows up unannounced and inspects the  work.  They tell me they have to call someone, go out to their truck where they are on the phone for about an hour.

When he returns he tells me he has to get a hold of his supervisor the next day.  He claims they had a problem with a type of adhesive they were using when they did my bathroom and it dries out and separates.  He says the only way they can fix it is to order a new enclosure, drive screws through the old enclosure to achor it to the wall and then adhere the new enclosure to the old using a different adhesive.

A few weeks latter after not hearing anything I call the office here in Forked River and speak to the receptionist.  When I first called she had no idea who I was or why I was calling.  After putting me on hold for a while she came back on and said the enclosure had to be ordered from Canada and I would be contacted when it arrived.

That was over two weeks ago and I've heard nothing since.  I am attempting to again contact this office again today and now the phone is just busy every time I call.  The enclosure continues to separate further, all three walls and the ceiling piece are separating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2011 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bathfitters/Forked-River-New-Jersey-/Bathfitters-defective-workmanship-not-repaired-Forked-River-New-Jersey-786025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bathfitters

Have you tried their corporate offices?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Did you try corporate headquarters?

BATH FITTER, 102 Evergreen Drive Springfield, TN 37172. Phone: 1-800-892-2847

If so, next stop is any state agency regulating plumbers or contractors, assuming you have such, and the BBB.

Someone needs to knock the local franchise on the head.