Complaint Review: Bay Area Credit Services

• Updated: Wed, March 12, 2014

• Reported By: megnmac — Murrieta California
Bay Area Credit Services
2860 Zanker Rd. #105 San Jose, California USA

Bay Area Credit Services Harassing phone call for an account I do not have San Jose California

On 3/12/2014, I received a phone call on my land line, asking for my father. The caller stated there was an outstanding at&t bill in his name that he needed a $105.00 payment on. My land line phone number was established 4 months prior, under my name, not my fathers. Furthermore, the caller stated that the past due amount he was seeking to collect originated in February of 2012...2 years before I even owned this land line number.

Being that my father and I speak on a regular basis, I am, without a doubt, certain that any at&t bill that he may have is not delinquent. When I asked why they were contacting me regarding his alleged debt, the representative informed me that they were seeking anyone who would be willing to address the matter by paying the bill. My name, my address and my phone number are not, and have never been associated with any account in my fathers name.

I feel as though this matter is a clear violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

UPDATE: I confirmed with my father, he advised that all debts have been addressed and paid in full and on time since he can remember.

He also confirmed that his exsisting at&t account is in good standing, and that there is no delinquent amount owed, or any collection accounts filed.

In my opinion, this company impersonating a debt collector, is a SCAM...attempting to get anyone on the phone willing to hand over sensitive payment information for who knows what reason. DO NOT TRUST BAY AREA CREDIT SERVICES!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2014 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bay-Area-Credit-Services/San-Jose-California-95134/Bay-Area-Credit-Services-Harassing-phone-call-for-an-account-I-do-not-have-San-Jose-Cali-1130324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bay Area Credit Services