Complaint Review: Bay City Motors

• Reported By: Luis — Sacramento California
Bay City Motors
800 Marina Blvd San Leandro, California USA

Bay City Motors AVOID THIS USED CAR DEALERSHIP!!!!! San Leandro California

Avoid this dealership. A nightmare of a used car purchase. I purchased a 2005 Saab 92x Aero for $9K in January 2002. I had a tune-up performed the day I bought the car. The car blew a piston after less than 2,000 miles  the first month of ownership. As a consumer there is always the risk of buying a used car as is. I called their office and explained the situation to the salesman. He explains to me that he is only a minion and will pass the information to the owner.

The owner calls me and tells me he will look for a replacement engine. I have not heard from the dealership since. After multiple calls, I have never directly spoken with the owner again. I live 200 miles north of Oakland, so I have not attempted to confront the dealership in person. The engine needs to be rebuilt at a cost of $3500. I never expected the dealership to cover any of the repair cost. With that said, purchasing a $9K car should warrant a better solution than having my phone calls being sent directly to voice mail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 04:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bay-City-Motors/San-Leandro-California-94577/Bay-City-Motors-AVOID-THIS-USED-CAR-DEALERSHIP-San-Leandro-California-1072685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bay City Motors