Complaint Review: BBG Communications

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 19, 2008

• Reported By:oakland California
BBG Communications
1658 Gailes Blvd. Ste B San Diego, California U.S.A.

BBG Communications ABUSIVE Charges (54.00) for one Minute phoce call from Mexico. San Diego California

n a trip to Mexico last week I called USA through the hotel phone.

Actually, It was a *071 number for this communications company called BBG Communications. I asked the operator for the price/minute of the call and I was informed it was 2.99/minute and no other charges. At the time I thought it was very expensive and declined.

Later that day I decided to go ahead and place the call automatically through my credit card.

Unfortunately I got the answering machine and left a quick message (not even a minute long).

After a few days I'm back in the US and checking my bank statement I was charged $56 dollars for that 1 minute phone call. (One fee of $15 + $41 for the call)

When contacting the company I was informed that there was a one time fee of $15 dollars for the connection and a minimum of 5 minutes charge (which does not amount to the total charged anyway.) I was also offered by the company a 1st time user rebate of 16 dollars which I declined.

So far my bank credited me the $15 one time fee and I'm still on dispute of the other $41. I called the BBB and asked them for help.

They contacted the Noemi Olmes of their "customer services" (haha what a joke!) and she said she could not do anything because she didn't have the cc number where the charges were made... (via letter to the BBB) Since last wednesday I have been trying via email and telephone to get in touch with this "customer service" but can only get the answering machine. and they will not call me back. They stated that I should get in touch within 7 days and I have tried unsuccessfully.

I have reported them to the FTC (federal trade commission) also.

If you have been scammed by this company report them to the BBB (that won't help much though since their score with them is already the lowest) and also the FTC, call your local consumer advocate in the media.

And if you need their "customer service" contact here it is:
Noemi Almos (619) 6710199

Good Luck!

Karen
oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications/San-Diego-California-92154/BBG-Communications-ABUSIVE-Charges-5400-for-one-Minute-phoce-call-from-Mexico-San-Dieg-333464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications