Complaint Review: BBG Communications

• Updated: Sun, February 19, 2012

• Reported By: Victor — Milton Ontario Canada
BBG Communications
1658 Gailes Boulevard San Diego, California United States of America

BBG Communications International Satellite Communications Charged $56.64 for 2 minute message, then $97 for ten minute call to Canada from Mexico San Diego, California

Was staying at Krystal resort in Cancun, Mexico and wanted to call home.  Cell phone would have cost $3/min, so I looked at the hotel room phone and saw that you could call Canada using toll free number and credit card for "reasonable rates" as it said on the phone.  Called the first time and got answering machine at home and left 2 minute message.  Called home half an hour later and talked to wife and kids for ten minutes.

Never was I notified of the charges or rates I would pay for the calls.  I never talked to an operator. I stupidly assumed that "reasonable rates" would be less expensive than a cell phone call across borders.

When I checked my mastercard bill once I got home I was shocked to find two charges, one for $56.64 and another $97, for 1-800 calls from Mexico which I can only assume were for the 2 minute message and 10 minute call I made.  I can't believe that the resort is in league with this criminal organization and that this 'communications' business is even allowed to operate this modern day piracy.

It is pure deception which preys on people assuming 'reasonable rates'.  If I had known the true cost I never would have even considered making the call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBG-Communications/San-Diego-California-92154/BBG-Communications-International-Satellite-Communications-Charged-5664-for-2-minute-mess-841767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBG Communications